Lt. Commander
# 1 Ten Forward Party
02-22-2010, 09:38 AM
Just an update guys!

I've mentioned the doritos contest several times and most of you have likely seen the link already!
And if we won the contest, www.SmashTV.ca will be hosting a HUGE party at the SmashTV estate. (chris and i live in a HUGE house) And we want all you regular forum trolls to come if you can make it!

The score for the contest has updated this morning, and out of 300+ submissions....we are now in 10th place!! Which is REALLY impressive considering we entered the contest 7 days late! and the current winner started on day 1!

So we have a great chance of winning this and getting together for an EPIC party!!!
So i ask you all...
what kinda things you want at the party if we win?

-What kinda drinks?
-what kinda music?
-What kinda food?
-What kinda games or activites?

or any other suggestions!

If you haven't seen the link, its in my sig. If you wanna further the cause and help make this happen....please share that video with as many people as you can! digg it, facebook share it, tweet it etc...it has to go viral to win!!!!

Thanks everyone!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 10:22 AM
UPDATE:

Our current projections for the contest show that we should take the number 2 spot by the end of the week!! The guys ahead of us...except the first place guy...are losing a LOT of momentum. Ours is still growing at a compounded rate. Scores do not update in real time, but based our on calulations, we will be second place by thursday IF the other gues maintain there current decline...and we stop growing. Which is unlikely...as we are gaining more and more of an audience each day!

Long story short...the ten forward party is well on its way to be a reality!
We just need to topple the number one video! There score seems a bit fishy...i haven't figured out how they are getting it...but something isn't adding up! Eitherway...with this momentum we will surely win!

Thanks again for the support guys!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Dude! am liking the f/x.. esp the reflection on the building, nice touch.

Am having a hard time understanding what he says when he pulls the bag out of his jacket.

Cool vid, tho.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheduwa
Dude! am liking the f/x.. esp the reflection on the building, nice touch.

Am having a hard time understanding what he says when he pulls the bag out of his jacket.

Cool vid, tho.
Yeah...thats really the only complaint people have.

I say " thank god the aliens only check one place"

Its actually the only scene we decided NOT to redo the audio seperatly....and we prolly should have. Camcorder had to much background noise...and i didnt' say it loud enough

But the "aftershock" at the end is my borg voice lol...
I doubled the voice clip of me saying aftershock, then i changed the timing on one, and pitch on the other to make it sound more digitized sounds creepy! lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 10:39 AM
-What kinda drinks?
Good ones!

-what kinda music?
Good music.

-What kinda food?
Um, no poutine. (LOL)

karaoke. Or volleyball.

LOL. Glad to hear things are working out for you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
-What kinda drinks?
Good ones!

-what kinda music?
Good music.

-What kinda food?
Um, no poutine. (LOL)

karaoke. Or volleyball.

LOL. Glad to hear things are working out for you.

Good Drinks= rum(coke optional)
Good Music= i like most music. playlist will be diverse lol
Good food= steaks, pork chops, hotdogs...sorry vegans...bring your own fake food.
Good games= TBD
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Good food= steaks, pork chops, hotdogs...sorry vegans...bring your own fake food.
Good games= TBD
@ the bolded: i lol'd
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Good games= TBD
Rum and Coke? No, thinking more along the lines of tequila or vodka based drinks... Have you had Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head vodka? It's decent.

Music? Good to hear. I'm currently living in the musical world populated by the Smiths, Springsteen, Gaslight Anthem and James. Maybe a little Who to break up the monotony.

Food... All sound good, except for the porkchops.

I do make amazing pudding shots--think alcoholic custard yumminess.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 10:49 AM
mmmm pudding shots! i like you!

I'm sure we will stock vodka drinks to. I'm a pirate...i'm biased towards rum lol.
Once we make top spot in the contest...i'll have to start putting out invites or something so i can figure out how many people will actually come lol.
We have a lot of local poeple wanting to come...and our smashTV fans say they wanna come. So it could be more people then the SmashTV estate can hold. we may need to rent a place for the night lmao
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
Rum and Coke? No, thinking more along the lines of tequila or vodka based drinks... Have you had Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head vodka? It's decent.

Music? Good to hear. I'm currently living in the musical world populated by the Smiths, Springsteen, Gaslight Anthem and James. Maybe a little Who to break up the monotony.

Food... All sound good, except for the porkchops.

I do make amazing pudding shots--think alcoholic custard yumminess.
i dont think the crystal head vodka is available in canadialand but maybe nowadays it is. Last time i saw it was in a mall in vegas, good beverage if i may say so myself