Lt. Commander
# 1 Member poaching? Really?
02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Thankfully this has been a non-issue with this community until now. When it came to poaching members from other fleets the leaders and members had acted with some class and refrained from doing it. Now it seems that some of questionable class have begun to PM members of various fleets in an attempt to recruit them.

Do you people not have any pride? If you need to do that to recruit, just what kind of fleet do you have in the first place? Whatever it truly is, you're just giving the impression that it's more sad than anything else. Thankfully it hasn't effected us yet, and it won't in the future either, but there are a lot of smaller fleets that don't deserve that kind of underhanded thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Damn it, its Duras isn't it. Always with the Duras.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagon View Post
Thankfully this has been a non-issue with this community until now. When it came to poaching members from other fleets the leaders and members had acted with some class and refrained from doing it. Now it seems that some of questionable class have begun to PM members of various fleets in an attempt to recruit them.

Do you people not have any pride? If you need to do that to recruit, just what kind of fleet do you have in the first place? Whatever it truly is, you're just giving the impression that it's more sad than anything else. Thankfully it hasn't effected us yet, and it won't in the future either, but there are a lot of smaller fleets that don't deserve that kind of underhanded thing.
I sympathize with you, Hagon, and would like to put it out for ALL FLEETS, Klingon and Federation, that this is completely intolerable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
This is nonsense of the highest order. You do not own your members. They can choose to leave if they want.

If your member choose to leave for a fleet more suitable to their play style you have 3 options.
1. Write them off as fleet hoppers and be glad to have lost them.
2. Re-evaluate the aims and goals of your fleet to better serve your membership.
3. Accept that you have different goals for play and move on.

In most cases, where a member just leaves without saying anything the 1st applies. If they don't have the manners to articulate that they aren't happy in your fleet then **** them!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreki View Post
This is nonsense of the highest order. You do not own your members. They can choose to leave if they want.

If your member choose to leave for a fleet more suitable to their play style you have 3 options.
1. Write them off as fleet hoppers and be glad to have lost them.
2. Re-evaluate the aims and goals of your fleet to better serve your membership.
3. Accept that you have different goals for play and move on.

In most cases, where a member just leaves without saying anything the 1st applies. If they don't have the manners to articulate that they aren't happy in your fleet then **** them!
There's nothing being said about members leaving on their own.

The topic is people actively trying to recruit members of other fleets. It's a classless act on the part of the person trying to poach, not to mention generally annoying to most fleet members having to get these tells.

Get your members on the merits of your fleet. If people from other fleets are interested in what you have to offer they will apply on their own. If people aren't interested and no one is applying, then maybe you have a problem that poaching members from other fleets isn't going to address. We don't need to try and entice people away from each other's fleets. That's just shameful, not to mention very immature behaviour.

Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Unsolicited tells are rude in all contexts but I think it's a bit harsh to say you shouldn't mention your fleet to someone who has a fleet. If I've played with someone and enjoyed it I'd feel pretty comfy asking them if they were looking for a fleet/happy with their current fleet.

The sad truth is (myself included on occasion) some people don't like to be guildless and will remain in a group they're unhappy with until they've been accepted into a new one for certain.

That is not to say that I'd pressure them about it but I don't feel asking the question is rude. And besides if you casually ask and they say yes the chances are they were on the hunt for another fleet anyway. The flaw, I'd say, isn't with people who ask 'Are you happy in your current fleet?'. It's with the player who isn't open with him fleet-mates about his unhappiness.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-22-2010, 03:12 PM
There's a mechanism for people to advertise their fleets, and for people looking for a fleet. Here's a hint... you're posting in it. Anything more, and I include polluting the zone chats with fleet recruitment blurbs in with it, is a plain lack of class, simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Members of a house are people, Not some kind of currency or resource that is to be controlled, Let them do whatever they want.

Solid leadership and good companionship will make "Poaching" a non issue.

I really dont get why anyone would worry about this, Personally I dont recruit in game at all anymore.

Likeminded people tend to gravitate together anyhow. Quality over Quantity.

Korthos
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortofuego
Members of a house are people, Not some kind of currency or resource that is to be controlled, Let them do whatever they want.

Solid leadership and good companionship will make "Poaching" a non issue.

I really dont get why anyone would worry about this, Personally I dont recruit in game at all anymore.

Likeminded people tend to gravitate together anyhow. Quality over Quantity.

Korthos
Do you think reading comprehension is important? Just asking, cause ......

Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 03:31 AM
In what sense is posting in zone chat poaching? It isn't even targeted at any one person or group. In that context the recruitee has to make the first move to ask for more information or to join.

I agree spamming such a macro can become tasteless but once an hour or so per zone is fine by me. This is just ONE resource for recruitment and a very under-utilised one. If you expect people to come here, to come to you, then you haven't understood advertising or recruitment at all. It's all about creating awareness and a positive image.

In order to make people aware of your existence you have to go to them.

Think of it in these terms. People advertise jobs, opportunities and services publicly in the real world. Is it disloyal of an employee to be aware of this advertising? I think not.
Closed Thread