Lt. Commander
# 71
04-07-2010, 09:37 AM
First I hate the look for sector space it is like a Trek Tron hybrid and those bright blues line are an eyesore. But I know some do. That is why I have always wanted to have the option to turn it off and on. Or be able to ride in sector space aboard the bridge. The view screen can show sector space and you could plot your course from there.

1 - It would be nice to see a display of you current warp speed and maybe add some more streaking stars.
2 - 3 I like your idea of showing your ship in warp while the screen loads. Nice though. Naturally I would prefer to be on my bridge while I ravel
4 - I have always thought being able to plot a course across sectors would be awesome. Why can I not plot a course from Romulan space to DSP and just sit back and enjoy the ride?

Thanks OP. Nice post.

"Getting there is half the fun" currently does not exist in sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I think they should make sector space look like the area around the captain's table. It actually looks like you are at warp while there. Sector space is static and boring compared to the captain's table warp effects.
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I like 2-4. Recommending this thread to be added to the comprehensive list.
Lt. Commander
# 74
04-07-2010, 10:54 AM
agree on all counts.. the game needs more immersion and to shed this awful "inside a box" feeling... although for those currently playing i'm afraid it's already probably too late :/
Lt. Commander
# 75
04-13-2010, 11:07 PM
While I'd love to remove walls in sector space, you have to consider that only a finite number of players can be on a given map (due to lag). If you have a finite number spread across greater distances - it feels lonelier.

Now, if NPC ships were more lively - say dozens more in sector going about their business, I think many would be impressed.
Lt. Commander
# 76
04-14-2010, 12:37 AM
I would love to see these changes implemented. They are desperately needed.
Lt. Commander
# 77
04-14-2010, 03:18 AM
When I first saw sector space back in Beta I literally laughed out loud. As much as I appreciate any effort to improve this aspect of the game, I don't think whats suggested is nearly enough. Sector space travel is a joke, It looks and feels completely under developed, childish. "Stellar Cartogrophy" is far to elegant a description for what Cryptic has given us. The level of graphical sophistication should at least match that of "local space." But in regards to this post...

Absolutely I should be able to navigate from a system in one sector to another in a different system.

God yes, lose the "control tower." Give me a message from a BO if I'm having trouble seeing the gigantic wall in space ( wall in space, LOL ).
Ensign
# 78
11-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
You do reealize you CAN leave the random enmcouters... your not "stuck" in it.. when you enter you get a dialogbox, simply click the Exit to Sector option and there ya go!! i do this often while they shoot at me and i even goto sector while blown up sometimes, so it's perfectly possible.
No. On my client, whenever I'm getting shot I can't just warp out. This needs to be fixed.