Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creovex View Post
Mythbusters.... Myth.... BUSTED!!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Ngh I meant about the writing in red not the actual thread title.....ngh
Ah... I was referring to the title and the purposely misleading nature of the post. The red text was pretty much a cut and paste for the article, but taken out of context, and given a very misleading title.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Ah... I was referring to the title and the purposely misleading nature of the post. The red text was pretty much a cut and paste for the article, but taken out of context, and given a very misleading title.
Yah he didn't do a very good job of naming the thread did he lol.....BUT I did get all caught up in it...I tend to do that a lot lol....I see a title start reading the post...forget the title of the thread and then start typing my own post having completely forgotten about the title of the thread lol

Ah well.....still the guy is a bit of a plonker but no harm done eh?

Still though it proves one thing......a tonne of posters in this forum are way wrong about Perpeptual having only had concept art. I would say having had an engine was a lot more than just concept art.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Cryptic's lawyers would have to have been stoned to not have exclusive rights to a Trek MMO unless the game shuts down/drops below a certain number of subs in the contract.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyrogers
Ah... I was referring to the title and the purposely misleading nature of the post. The red text was pretty much a cut and paste for the article, but taken out of context, and given a very misleading title.
This.

Anyone with half a brain realizes that an IP isn't going to have 2 games by to companies competing with each other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-22-2010, 11:13 AM
I remember being really excited when seeing those early screen shots... I wish they could have shown us what their STO game would have looked and feel liked via a video or something. Not that, I'm sure, it would have been any better then what cryptic did with their game. Just want to see what someone else’s idea of a Star Trek game was.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebleo
Yah he didn't do a very good job of naming the thread did he lol.....BUT I did get all caught up in it...I tend to do that a lot lol....I see a title start reading the post...forget the title of the thread and then start typing my own post having completely forgotten about the title of the thread lol

Ah well.....still the guy is a bit of a plonker but no harm done eh?

Still though it proves one thing......a tonne of posters in this forum are way wrong about Perceptual having only had concept art. I would say having had an engine was a lot more than just concept art.
They had concept art and a PROPRIETARY engine. Therefore, they were on the exact same ground at the start as Cryptic. Since the engine was proprietary, they went four years and had nothing but concept art.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolman View Post
I remember being really excited when seeing those early screen shots... I wish they could have shown us what their STO game would have looked and feel liked via a video or something. Not that, I'm sure, it would have been any better then what cryptic did with their game. Just want to see what someone else’s idea of a Star Trek game was.
That's the problem. That would have required them to ACTUALLY CODE SOMETHING to make said video.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Not one hundred percent positive about this but I am sure I read somewhere that Cryptic took the mickey out of perpetual when they got the rights to STO.........hmmmmm
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Selective reading much, dear OP?

"Heatwave also obtained rights to the proprietary engine that Perpetual developed to run both Gods and Heroes as well as their own version of Star Trek Online."

All they did is obtain the engine Perpetual developed. With the engine Perpetual intended to run STO/Gods and Heroes, both games totally different, totally different settings.

Don't see any indicator of yet another Star Trek game in development.

Let's think for a moment, if another dev studio were to purchase Cryptic's CO/STO engine, they (the another dev studio) automatically are developing either a Space game or a Super Heroes game? I mean if Cryptic's engine is any indicator, an engine can be very flexible and used for many things.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 PM.