Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyruzix View Post
Well Cosmic... Ask yourself this. What is Star Trek WITHOUT a First Officer?
I'd only counter with this: what's the point of having a First Officer if you can't communicate with him/her in any fashion? Within the concept of the game the Ship's computer could be the FO and it wouldn't affect gameplay. I'm not disagreeing that Trek should have a FO. I'm simply saying that within the confines of the game the position has no meaning, as you're not role-playing with yourself.

Quote:
And honestly, one should be able to set away teams as needed in terms of size and the ability to choose some security officers instead of being forced to use bridge officers as the only away team choices. I mean how many times haven't Redshirts died in the TOS, TNG and ect series? ;3
You can adjust your away team to whatever you want, within the concept of 4 people. You can go down with 4 Security Officers if you want, and watch them all get killed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
You can tell who my XO is, she is the one with gold rank insg. just like her captain. Everyone else has silver. Good ideas, I think we should be able to give one of our BOs the title. I have more than one Engeneer allso, and would like to give one of them the title of Chief.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLimited View Post
I think a first officer "designation" is a great idea. It would certainly help missions make more sense. It's kind of odd that I've left an Ensign and a Commander on my starship, yet the Ensign is the one who's always in communication with me about trouble brewing in space. The Commander I leave behind NEVER says anything, even though he outranks the Ensign and should logically be in command of the ship.

As for the mechanical aspects of a first officer, well... I'm uncertain of that.
I tried to determine if the gmae assigned a first officer in some way once. I would go to my bridge [eriodically and there was always the same BO, a bajoran female in first officer's seat. (I guess it depends on what bridge set you use). Though it was purely in my own mind I just figured she was the first officer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
You can adjust your away team to whatever you want, within the concept of 4 people. You can go down with 4 Security Officers if you want, and watch them all get killed.
Strange... I cannot choose Security, only my named BO's now. Im a Rear Admiral and got 10 bridge officers, although yet I cannot choose to bring in reinforcements of nameless Security officers. A damn shame honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I'd only counter with this: what's the point of having a First Officer if you can't communicate with him/her in any fashion? Within the concept of the game the Ship's computer could be the FO and it wouldn't affect gameplay. I'm not disagreeing that Trek should have a FO. I'm simply saying that within the confines of the game the position has no meaning, as you're not role-playing with yourself.
Well...

*Sigh*

Okay... I give up. Appearently having a First Officer is suddenly a bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
The XO 'console' should not be limited by rank or the type of ship you happen to be in. As in you could have a tactical XO on a science ship that is a Commander.