Lt. Commander
Edit: Results posted here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=122878

Hello everyone,

I have noticed what I think are some trends in the game's economy (the Exchange) lately, but before I write a big post about them, I'd like to make sure that I have data that bears it out. So, I have created a little forum survey here. If you would please take the time to fill it out, it will be helpful for people giving feedback to the developers about the game's economy.

(If you have multiple characters, please answer for just one character at a time)
1. What rank/grade is your character currently?

2. How many energy credits does that character have?

3. Have you ever sold items on the exchange with that character?

4. What source have you primarily used for equipment for that character and their ship? (Missions/Loot, Exchange, Exploration/PVP medals, or NPC (credit) vendors)

5. Have you ever purchased items on the exchange for the purpose of relisting them at a higher price?

Thanks in advance! Assuming that there's enough responses, I will post a summary this weekend so that people intereted in the data can see the results.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Here is one of my characters, to hopefully give an example of how to answer:

- Lieutenant Commander 10

34000 energy credits

No

4. What source have you primarily used for equipment for that character and their ship? (Missions/Loot, Exchange, Exploration/PVP medals, or NPC (credit) vendors)
Missions/Loot

5. Have you ever purchased items on the exchange for the purpose of relisting them at a higher price?
No
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 05:22 AM
[quote=Trace_Thorne]

(If you have multiple characters, please answer for just one character at a time)

Captain 5

YES

MISSION LOOT (have bought one or two expensive items from exchange)

NO
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 05:22 AM

Admiral lvl 5.

1.5 million

No, things are overrated, not worth it.

NPC in the start, then exploration mark X items, and sicne the relese of the daily quest i use those badges for items

No, nor i have i ever put something on sale there. Basicly with ****** crafting system and ZERO economy money is worthless, so why hustle
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 05:25 AM

Admiral lvl 2 or 3?.

Roughly 1million

Yes

Combinations of Missions / Loot / Vendors and Badges/medals
basically whatever I can get my hands on

5. Have you ever purchased items on the exchange for the purpose of relisting them at a higher price

No, But originally I did try to sell stuff at reasonable prices with a very small Mark up, for example if Cannons were worth 4k EC I would sell them for 6 or 7.5k, However this was clearly a mistake as it left me slightly short on cash when wanting to purchase from the exchange therefore I had to raise the price to match other inflated prices
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 05:30 AM

Captain 4

300k or so

Yes

Mainly missions/loot with a couple of specific Exchange items

No.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 05:34 AM
Rear Admiral 1

~1mil

Sure did.

Exchange. I want the good equipment for each new ship; Exchange is the way to get it.

Yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 05:39 AM

Commander 9

1 mil, give or take

yes

pvp/exploration - exchange is used to fill holes

yep, if I see an item that is obviously out of whack, such as an "efficient" trait Bridge Officer listed by some poor chump for 1k I will buy it and either add it to my crew or relist it for 50k less than the current lowest one.

I then use the resulting income to support my tribble habit, which is very expensive, as the foods (Tranya and Osol Twist) needed to breed the top end tribbles run for 100 to 200k each. And if I see those foods for less I buy them and use them myself.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 05:40 AM
Capt 5

+800.000

NO

90% Exploration 10% Missions/Loot

NO
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 05:42 AM
RA3.

Around 1mil.

Only a couple of EPS consoles I resold.

Exploration badges. I only bought a few EPS consoles from the exchange as there are none to be had for the badges before tier 4.

Yes, but only a few times while I was waiting for a certain level of EPS console to appear for a decent price, and another lower level console happened to be posted for an unusually low price.