Lt. Commander
# 111
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoduck360
I support this thread. It is both informative and comical all at the same time.

Sort of like the Daily Show.

With Nerdrage!

And actual facts.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
ummm not really, what type of armor is important, but what it look like doesn't. the skirt does not effect combat so it's not that important.
Um yes really. i am not some stupid Min/Maxer I don't care if something gives me .00000003% bonus to damage on tuesdays when fighting Romulans. I care what my Avatar looks like. If I can't create some kind of immersion ina game I get bored and quit playing it.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
And actual facts.
LOL

You have a point there
Lt. Commander
# 114
OCD and ADD are an explosive combination for anyone to have.
Lt. Commander
# 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrWalker View Post
Most likely the skirt was a issue with rating.....wanna keep the pg rating, they don't want the skirts to mini....might get a R rating lol
Are you honestly suggesting that an outfit that was on network tv in primetime family hour over 40 years ago is going to get an adult rating?
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Are you honestly suggesting that an outfit that was on network tv in primetime family hour over 40 years ago is going to get an adult rating?
you do have to take in to account that this is a video game, and unlike the TV show we can control the camera. .
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
Eh, it's about all he can do to actively force Cryptic to give him what he paid for. He can't quit, since he wouldn't get it then, either. It's the logical conclusion to his desire, if you ignore the fact that most people who complain are too lazy to add physical action to it.
So, you're totally reading into stuff and pulling crap out of your rumpkus?

If he's mad enough, he most certainly can quit. Would it get him what he wants? No. However, he wouldn't have to worry about such activity from Cryptic in the future, which most certainly would be an upshot.

I've defended Cryptic and STO a lot - I don't think anyone would argue that point. However, this is wrong. I don't care where you're coming from. My bonuses were all fixed. Completely. Why aren't the TOS/MU uniforms fixed? There is no reason for it, as was posted in the linked thread, that a similar outfit exists on the engine for player characters, and the reason it wasn't here is that "the engine can't do it." That doesn't jive. All it would take is a reskin of an outfit they already have. How is that so hard?
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
you do have to take in to account that this is a video game, and unlike the TV show we can control the camera. .
No i don't Your argument is just silly. If it was not too scandalous over 40 years ago on actual good looking women then it certainly isn't worth of a mature rating today.
Lt. Commander
# 119
02-22-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Champions Online (where you can also control the camera) has the ability to make costumes that are massively more scandalous than what you can make in STO, even if the skirts were mid-thigh. That game has a T rating. Same holds true for City of Heroes.

That argument just hold no water in the face of precedent.
Lt. Commander
# 120
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPaladin
Champions Online (where you can also control the camera) has the ability to make costumes that are massively more scandalous than what you can make in STO, even if the skirts were mid-thigh. That game has a T rating. Same holds true for City of Heroes.
hmm how MASSIVELY scandalous is it?