Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 131
02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
hmm how MASSIVELY scandalous is it?
It's pretty scandalous. Definitely worse than anything that can be made in STO, Klingons included.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 132
02-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Okay, this is something that's puzzled me ... why, for the love of Dax, would there be a -KLINGON- Joined Trill? I don't recall it being specified in my original purchase, where was that claim made? The Trill aren't a Klingon faction race to begin with so why should we be getting a Joined one on the Klingon side at all?
I believe it was Jack who threw it out in a statement one day, probably talking without thinking about the fact that the Trill aren't a Klingon Faction race.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 133
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They are fixed, as good as Cryptic wants to make them right now. The fact that someone doesn't think it looks right is irrelevant.


The fact that something exists on the engine in another game has no bearing on STO. The engine is only the foundation. Each game takes it in a different direction from there. There's many people on the CO forum who want vehicles, something easily done in STO, but something that's going to take quite a bit of time to do in CO even though the games use the same engine. Does that mean it can't be done? No. It just means that it takes time. As Coderanger stated, "it would take more GPU power and programming time than we have available." He didn't say it couldn't be done. He just said they don't have the programming time do it yet. IE, there are other programming priorities at the moment.
He was not telling the truth. it would basically just be a reskin and just deciding oh I don't want to live up to my promises is not acceptable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 134
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
He was not telling the truth. it would basically just be a reskin and just deciding oh I don't want to live up to my promises is not acceptable.
Or maybe he is telling the truth, as he's worked on both games and knows more about the code differences between the two games then you do.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 135
02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
With the lack of any info from Cryptic lately on much of anything. I'm beginning to have my worries about this 45 day patch even. I'd like to see Cryptic throw this dog a bone, give us some hope.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 136
02-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They are fixed, as good as Cryptic wants to make them right now. The fact that someone doesn't think it looks right is irrelevant.


The fact that something exists on the engine in another game has no bearing on STO. The engine is only the foundation. Each game takes it in a different direction from there. There's many people on the CO forum who want vehicles, something easily done in STO, but something that's going to take quite a bit of time to do in CO even though the games use the same engine. Does that mean it can't be done? No. It just means that it takes time. As Coderanger stated, "it would take more GPU power and programming time than we have available." He didn't say it couldn't be done. He just said they don't have the programming time do it yet. IE, there are other programming priorities at the moment.
I disagree that it's irrelevant. The point of contention - at least, as I understand it - is that they got that particular version so they could get the TOS Uniform, explicitly billed as the uniform from The Original Series. Said uniforms had a very particular look. The female TOS uniforms do not look that way. Therefore, they did not give out the TOS uniforms as advertised.

Yes, I know what coderanger said, and I'm not saying he's lying that they don't have the time to work on it now. However, they announced that they were fixing the bonus uniforms. They shouldn't have released said fix if that fix is incomplete. The TOS uniform is incomplete, as it doesn't have the proper female uniform.

The Wrath of Kahn uniform is perfect just about (I personally think the color gradients should be different, but I still like it). The TNG bonus uniforms are perfect. The DS9 bonus uniforms are perfect. The TOS/MU uniforms are not. They shouldn't be saying "they're fixed" and move on when they aren't fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 137
02-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
With the lack of any info from Cryptic lately on much of anything. I'm beginning to have my worries about this 45 day patch even. I'd like to see Cryptic throw this dog a bone, give us some hope.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2180256

details on that would ne nice though..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 138
02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosoul View Post
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=2180256

details on that would ne nice though..
Hilarious! That's the second time someone linked this thread in this thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 139
02-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Okay, this is something that's puzzled me ... why, for the love of Dax, would there be a -KLINGON- Joined Trill? I don't recall it being specified in my original purchase, where was that claim made? The Trill aren't a Klingon faction race to begin with so why should we be getting a Joined one on the Klingon side at all?
It was specified that all pre-order specials except USS Connie, Tribbles and TOS uniforms would work for Klingons. Well, the Klingons can have Tribbles, though they don't heal, only make an irritating sound and Fed players are equiping with Bat'leths (and using them like they had years of training).


Why Klingon Joined Trill make sense:

a. Dax married a Klingon, stands to reason other Joined Trill married Klingons, somewhere along the way there are baby Trill-Klingons (Trilingons?) that could become joined. The Klingons could more or less make that happen with a little immagination.

b. Klingons are now available as Federation characters. That's a 2-way street my friend. Not a Klingon joined with a Trill symbiant, a Joined Trill fighting for the Klingon Empire. Once you've crossed the faction line in one direction what's good for the Tribble is good for the Targ.

So, it's only good if it benefits Fed players?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 140
02-22-2010, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Posts by people who have no idea what they're talking about doesn't constitute proof. As far as what should have been in at launch, I can think of 20 other things of far greater importance that should have made launch, such as the last 5 levels, End-game, the rest of the Klingon content, etc, etc, etc. The costume piece is really small potatoes.
No! People paid the extra for the TOS uniforms, to look like the TOS uniforms and to be in at launch. People that paid the extra for the bonus content!

Since they have failed to deliver, again something that people have paid an additional premium for then in fact they should offer an un-reserved refund.

People did not pay the extra buck just for kicks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.