Lt. Commander
# 41
02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphella
I tend to use a black skirt with a colored top. It's not accurate, but it looks better.
Yes but that is not the TOS uniform they charged extra for.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
Yes but that is not the TOS uniform they charged extra for.
It's not like it was the only preorder bonus in the DDE. There were others. So it's not like you paid an extra 10 just for the skirt. The other preorder bonuses work fine. Personally, I hope they don't make it one piece as I like the ability to recolor the skirt and have it black.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I have to say that I disagree with you. other then the fact that it is not one piece it does match well with each other. doesn't look bad at all.
You can clearly see that it is not a 1 piece. It is very noticeable. Yes they need to use 2 pieces but they need to make it look like it is. That is completely possible with the engine. Also the top is wrong and so is the wrap around design.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
They should have been in at launch and people paid extra for it. That makes it a priority. And there have been many posts showing how it is in fact possible.
Posts by people who have no idea what they're talking about doesn't constitute proof. As far as what should have been in at launch, I can think of 20 other things of far greater importance that should have made launch, such as the last 5 levels, End-game, the rest of the Klingon content, etc, etc, etc. The costume piece is really small potatoes.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
Wait, I missed the announcement that the engine can't do it. If they did, in fact, say this, then yeah, it's screwy, but I'd have to see the post before I pass judgement.

Could someone please link it, or point me in the right direction?
Here's the part of the thread where coderanger says it wouldn't work with their system (even though, later on in the thread, Mirror-Master posts examples from a CO costume that's pretty similar to the TOS skirt uniform):

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...56#post2128556
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
You can clearly see that it is not a 1 piece. It is very noticeable. Yes they need to use 2 pieces but they need to make it look like it is. That is completely possible with the engine. Also the top is wrong and so is the wrap around design.
so you're mad because it is not one piece?
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
I understand the Mirror Universe uniforms, but what exactly did they lie about with the TOS uniforms?
Because the Female TOS uniform isn't what we saw in either the original show or even in the Movie. Instead of the Minidress that was in TOS, what we got was the guy's shirt (which has the wrong neckline for women)+ a Straight skirt. Also they gave us the MU Thigh high boots instead of the correct gogo boots (boots that reach just below the knee cap).

While I do like the options of what they DID give us, I would have liked to get the uniforms that I was promised.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
It's not like it was the only preorder bonus in the DDE. There were others. So it's not like you paid an extra 10 just for the skirt. The other preorder bonuses work fine. Personally, I hope they don't make it one piece as I like the ability to recolor the skirt and have it black.
Just for the hell of it, I'll go ahead and mention that the Joined Trills are not available for the Klingon faction yet.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Posts by people who have no idea what they're talking about doesn't constitute proof. As far as what should have been in at launch, I can think of 20 other things of far greater importance that should have made launch, such as the last 5 levels, End-game, the rest of the Klingon content, etc, etc, etc. The costume piece is really small potatoes.
Agreed.
They've done the best that they can do with the skirts. It looks the part and the majority of people are happy with them the way they are at the moment.

They can concentrate on the more important aspects of the game now, rather than how one costume piece looks.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Do you honestly believe that people didn't but it for the TOS uniforms. Everyone I know who bought it did so for those uniforms in particular. I have been defending this game sense beta but there is simply no other way to say this. They lied. They lied about the TOS uniforms and they certainly lied about the Mirror Universe uniforms. What gets me is that it doesn't make any sense. It would be so simple to fix the issue. It's like they are trying to anger Star Trek fans for no reason at all.