Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-22-2010, 05:31 PM
No, I don't understand PG and yes my parents didn't monitor my media intake. I have a problem with censorship and that's what all those PG, R, X, Y, WTF and S ratings feel like to me.

If the US really wants to be a free country, abolish the FCC! Nuff said, I don't want to get into any discussions. But yeah, I guess a holosuite would be better for orgies, but I don't see how a Holodeck couldn't get the job done.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Partner up with and drive around in Optimus Prime!
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-22-2010, 05:51 PM
I take back my previous answer.

I would have to throw a Pink Floyd concert.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bheduwa
I take back my previous answer.

I would have to throw a Pink Floyd concert.
? Darkside of the moon or The Wall?
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
? Darkside of the moon or The Wall?
These days the Floyd usually play bits and pieces from they're whole set, Including Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Animals, the Division Bell, and others.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Being a musician, I would program a huge arena or festival style concert with one of my favourite bands playing, and I would perform as one of the band members and play the whole gig
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I wouldn't go near the things. They always break down in the series and cause trouble.

One second, I'm lounging on a perfectly simulated beach with a perfectly simulated drink enjoying a perfectly simulated sunset...then BAM! I've got a landing party from WW II storming the beach with guns blazing, doing battle with Japanese samurai weilding lightsabers. Oh, and no safety parameters either. Doors will be locked so I can't get out.

No thank you. I'll play chess in my ready room.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Two answers dependant upon time:

1- If I was living in Star Trek time, then I'd probably use the holodeck for sports related activities like skeleton, luge, hockey, golf or some such thing that you can't do much of in space.

2- If, by some miracle, holodeck technology was available today, I would probably program it to do something Star Trekkie or Star Warsie.

Cheers!
Happy_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Line
I wouldn't go near the things. They always break down in the series and cause trouble.

One second, I'm lounging on a perfectly simulated beach with a perfectly simulated drink enjoying a perfectly simulated sunset...then BAM! I've got a landing party from WW II storming the beach with guns blazing, doing battle with Japanese samurai weilding lightsabers. Oh, and no safety parameters either. Doors will be locked so I can't get out.

No thank you. I'll play chess in my ready room.
sounds perfect, all that is missing is the Breen selling TShirts

I would program Romeo and Juliet into the holodeck.