Lt. Commander
# 51
02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
Speaking of Martial Arts, I would also probably teach my bridge crew Kung Fu on the Great Wall of China...
I stand by this. It is the one place I hope I can visit before I die, and I'd love nothing more than to practice Tsoi Li Ho Fut Hung System Kung Fu there.

It would take more than an invading army of Jedi-Samurai to interrupt the epic soul finding nature of such an experience.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-22-2010, 06:10 PM
The only thing better then sex. Violence. Its so much more passionate and rewarding. i guess my top three would be.

the massive running fight/escape that is the last part of the book, "Titans Of Chaos"

This Great scene from a terrible movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wdVe4IsNes

And the US assault on the town of Carentan June 1944
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Line
I wouldn't go near the things. They always break down in the series and cause trouble.

One second, I'm lounging on a perfectly simulated beach with a perfectly simulated drink enjoying a perfectly simulated sunset...then BAM! I've got a landing party from WW II storming the beach with guns blazing, doing battle with Japanese samurai weilding lightsabers. Oh, and no safety parameters either. Doors will be locked so I can't get out.

No thank you. I'll play chess in my ready room.
The "broken Holodeck" episodes of Trek always bothered me as completely non-nonsensical.

I mean, just turn the damned thing off!

Startled looking Ensign #742(b): "Commander Riker! Captian Picard, Data, Dr. Crusher, and Cousellor Troi are all trapped on the Holodeck sir, and we need each of their particular skills to save the colony and ensure everyone in the Federation can have their weekly helping of sunshine and Lolipops! Whatever are we going to do to keep them from having an exciting adventure in a completely fictional world?!"
Commander Riker: "Excellent Exposition Ensign, put yourself up for promotion, you can be 742(a) next week, and number one in my quarters anytime. *wink* But to the matter at hand, Riker to Engineering, The Captain's stuck on the Holodeck again, please cut power to the holodeck."
Geordie: "I can't commander, the system's been over-ridden by some contrived super-genius yet easily deceived mastermind, possibly another hologram given sentience. And you do know know how much Captain Picard enjoys matching wits with sentient holograms."
Riker: "Understood, I'm on my way."
*turbolifts to Engineering... or is that Turbodrops, the bridge is above... nevermind*
Riker: *punches Geordie* " Dammit Geordie, we don't have time for games, we have to get that Holodeck shut down or we don't get any Lollipops this week!"
Geordie: *puppy-dog visor* "But... but... we'll get our sunshine, right?"
Riker: "No... I'm afraid not. Not unless we can rescue the captain from the Holodeck. You! Broccoli... Barky...Bingo..."
Barkley: "Barkley, Sir, Lieutenant Regin..."
Riker: "Yeah, don't care, do you have any ideas?"
Barkley: "We..we..well sir, we could invert the..the..the phase manifold of the secondary EPS coup...."
Riker: "Too long, bored. Dammit, where's Wesley when you need to just tell someone to Shut Up. Geordie! Show me where you're having the problem."
Geordie: "Right here sir." *points at power conduit that has mysteriously appeared inside a panel on Engineering* "We've tried everything, the green button, the blue button, we even tried BOTH buttons at the same time!"
Riker: "And that didn't do it?!"
Geordie: "No sir, whatever Machiavellian mastermind the captain has accidentally farted into existence this week is a clever one, I'm not even sure if the buttons are still hooked up!"
Riker: "Did you try the yellow button?"
Geordie: "Twice!"
Riker: "What about the red button?"
Geordie: "Red button? What red button?"
Riker: "This one." *presses firing stud on his phaser, destroying the power conduit in a shower of sparks*
*lights go off in half the ship*
*a distant THUD reverberates through the ship*

Picard: "Dammit Riker, what have I told you about interrupting my Holodeck sessions? I was moments away from convincing Julius Caesar that he was nothing but a sophistcated illusion of his own twisted mind and having him delete himself from the program. And really, I mean, Data was on the 4th story of the building, it'll take a week to patch up the hole he left in the floor, not to mention the screaming from the children he landed on in the daycare downstairs."
Riker: "Yakkity yak, no time, we're going to miss the Lollipop delivery."
Picard: "Oh, really, haven't a moment to lose then, to the Turbolift!"
*cue end credits*
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah... Apparently locksmiths died out after the invention of warp drives.

Quote:
Startled looking Ensign #742(b): "Commander Riker! Captian Picard, Data, Dr. Crusher, and Cousellor Troi are all trapped on the Holodeck sir, and we need each of their particular skills to save the colony and ensure everyone in the Federation can have their weekly helping of sunshine and Lolipops! Whatever are we going to do to keep them from having an exciting adventure in a completely fictional world?!"
Commander Riker: "Excellent Exposition Ensign, put yourself up for promotion, you can be 742(a) next week, and number one in my quarters anytime. *wink* But to the matter at hand, Riker to Engineering, The Captain's stuck on the Holodeck again, please cut power to the holodeck."
Geordie: "I can't commander, the system's been over-ridden by some contrived super-genius yet easily deceived mastermind, possibly another hologram given sentience. And you do know know how much Captain Picard enjoys matching wits with sentient holograms."
Riker: "Understood, I'm on my way."
*turbolifts to Engineering... or is that Turbodrops, the bridge is above... nevermind*
Riker: *punches Geordie* " Dammit Geordie, we don't have time for games, we have to get that Holodeck shut down or we don't get any Lollipops this week!"
Geordie: *puppy-dog visor* "But... but... we'll get our sunshine, right?"
Riker: "No... I'm afraid not. Not unless we can rescue the captain from the Holodeck. You! Broccoli... Barky...Bingo..."
Barkley: "Barkley, Sir, Lieutenant Regin..."
Riker: "Yeah, don't care, do you have any ideas?"
Barkley: "We..we..well sir, we could invert the..the..the phase manifold of the secondary EPS coup...."
Riker: "Too long, bored. Dammit, where's Wesley when you need to just tell someone to Shut Up. Geordie! Show me where you're having the problem."
Geordie: "Right here sir." *points at power conduit that has mysteriously appeared inside a panel on Engineering* "We've tried everything, the green button, the blue button, we even tried BOTH buttons at the same time!"
Riker: "And that didn't do it?!"
Geordie: "No sir, whatever Machiavellian mastermind the captain has accidentally farted into existence this week is a clever one, I'm not even sure if the buttons are still hooked up!"
Riker: "Did you try the yellow button?"
Geordie: "Twice!"
Riker: "What about the red button?"
Geordie: "Red button? What red button?"
Riker: "This one." *presses firing stud on his phaser, destroying the power conduit in a shower of sparks*
*lights go off in half the ship*
*a distant THUD reverberates through the ship*
Picard: "Dammit Riker, what have I told you about interrupting my Holodeck sessions? I was moments away from convincing Julius Caesar that he was nothing but a sophistcated illusion of his own twisted mind and having him delete himself from the program. And really, I mean, Data was on the 4th story of the building, it'll take a week to patch up the hole he left in the floor, not to mention the screaming from the children he landed on in the daycare downstairs."
Riker: "Yakkity yak, no time, we're going to miss the Lollipop delivery."
Picard: "Oh, really, haven't a moment to lose then, to the Turbolift!"
*cue end credits*
epic. win.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Would it count to use a holodeck to run a program of a holosuite?

If not, and everything has to be harmless and family friendly and whatever rating applies to that in the US, I would just play poker with all Weyoun clones a database can create.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Would it count to use a holodeck to run a program of a holosuite?

If not, and everything has to be harmless and family friendly and whatever rating applies to that in the US, I would just play poker with all Weyoun clones a database can create.
Wait, wouldn't you just be standing around smiling while other races used your holosuites and lined your pockets with gold pressed latinum?
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
The "broken Holodeck" episodes of Trek always bothered me as completely non-nonsensical.

I mean, just turn the damned thing off!

*cue end credits*

Good stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Me on a holodeck?

Three words;

Blow.

Shizz.

Up.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
if I were on a holodeck I would make a STO game

that was not, , Repetitive, to easy, had no depth,
and that had, open PVP, death penalty, had large game play a lot more then 25 people per instance.

here are some reviews

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/start...ne/review.html
http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1069985p1.html

the critics are only giving this game on average 6 out of 10, SHAMEFUL Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl1919 View Post
Wait, wouldn't you just be standing around smiling while other races used your holosuites and lined your pockets with gold pressed latinum?
That is true for the holosui... decks 2 - 8, but 1 is for my private use. After all, if I own it, it doesn't cost me a thing to use it.