Lt. Commander
# 41
02-23-2010, 01:45 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-23-2010, 01:45 AM
Cake or death?
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-23-2010, 01:51 AM
mmmmmm Cake..........

That'll go nicely after I finish my Cornflakes.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-23-2010, 02:12 AM
woow. Inc 20 new episodes, a raid-i-sode and aceton field fix. Well i can dream .

Hopefully atleast a raid-i-sode or two.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-23-2010, 02:17 AM
Fixed remote contacts please? I hate the window with 15 contacts in but none of them is having news or missions.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-23-2010, 02:29 AM
General rule of thumb with patches, fix 30 bugs, make 60 more, find 10 work rounds, break the 30 bugs you just fixed, get coffee and scratch your head for a while, then finally when you have given up simply call the patch a server optimization and be done with it.

On a more serious note i really hope we get respecs as i completely fubared my engi/cruiser build, or at least theoption to buy more character slots, after that any fix that makes the game better is all fine by me.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
I haven't had any trouble with Starbase 39 myself, but I read about a workaround in another thread. People have said that if they change instances on the map, it allows them to dock.

(Again, I'm not sure if this is true or not, but might be worth a try. I still believe they should fix it, anyhow.)
Can you or someone here tell me what you meant by: " ... change 'instances on the map', it will allow them to dock." What exactly is 'istances' referring to and what particular map are we talking about? Area map? Please specify with a little more details and or examples of what you meant there?

Thanks, y'all.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-23-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerfhearder1979
General rule of thumb with patches, fix 30 bugs, make 60 more, find 10 work rounds, break the 30 bugs you just fixed, get coffee and scratch your head for a while, then finally when you have given up simply call the patch a server optimization and be done with it.
Whoa. I just had a flashback to Eve's patches and updates.

(Also, your handle, avatar, and location are awesome!)
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-23-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegastar_Palerider
Can you or someone here tell me what you meant by: " ... change 'instances on the map', it will allow them to dock." What exactly is 'istances' referring to and what particular map are we talking about? Area map? Please specify with a little more details and or examples of what you meant there?

Thanks, y'all.
(Sorry for the double post, but I didn't see this post until I had responded to the other one.)

If you go to your map (by pressing 'M' (by default) while you're in the Sierra System), there should be a button at the bottom named 'Change Instance.' Click that, and you should be able to choose a different instance of the Starbase 39 map. Again, I don't know if this will work for you; I just noticed people posting it as a workaround in another thread.

As for instances themselves, they're just copies of the current area you are in (i.e. Sol, Starbase 39, the Hobus system, etc.). STO has a maximum of 50 people per instance. So if/when there's more than 50 people visiting the same place, the game makes multiple copies of the map to place the people.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-23-2010, 02:41 AM
Every minute I don't get patch notes early is another gold spammer I won't report

Ok..I'll still report them, and I don't have anything to bargain with...but yeah, notes plox
Closed Thread