Lt. Commander
# 81
02-23-2010, 03:28 AM
HOW DARE THEY IN EU TIME!!!!!!111111

Zomg the world is over!

Oh yeah, did you forget Australia exists too? I'm from the UK, and this doesn't bother me, if it bothers you, please, go and greacefully jump off a tall building and leave us in peace.

If you hadn't realised, there's been hardly any downtime lately, and it's been real good. Deal with it.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-23-2010, 03:30 AM
tiny islands is tiny gene pools. brit***s are alwas best. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerotrek328 View Post
HUGE Trek fan, I have read and own every novel and have all the shows and films. I have been waiting for an online game to use this character I have written about for YEARS. I noticed that I cannot change the gender or race of my bridge officers (learned they are called BOFFS or something...) And that sucks, because I already have a crew I wanted to use with backgrounds and everything. A shame.

Anyway, I had to setup the paypal thing to get my free 30 days. I just startes, and it IS after 5AM in my time done (615 actually) when the patch and server are doing their things...So now I can't get on to start the real game. And I have work at 7. I guess I will have to start later today.

I am going to have to go buy a new video card, since the one on my comp is running on reduced or something it said. I use Windows Vista, so if anyone has the name of one that will work very well with this game, please give me the name so I can pick one up today.

It seems very choppy to me, but that might be the card. Turning around is lagged, and I keep doing 180s if I hold it too long or tap it too many times. How the hell am I going to fight like this?

I chose Tactical background, and am trying to keep this character as close to the one I created as possible. I could use any tips about chatting with other people, looking for assistance for missions, shortcuts to make my life easier in moving around, etc. I want to beat the game, but I want to enjoy it along the way. I don't care if it takes me half a year or so. Okay, maybe not THAT long...Is there a special controller I should get to make gameplay easier? I can point-click just fine, but the darned wasd buttons are going to be awkward.

I could use any tips or help you can offer. It might take me awhile to find the responses to this thread, since for some reason I couldn't figure out how to find my previous posts...But a PM would be fine, and I would love to have friends on here anyway so just add me.

LLAP...PALL.
The needs of the many...

Errrrr, just slightly in the wrong forum section, mate.

Try posting all of this in the general academy section, or the discussion section.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-23-2010, 03:35 AM
Cryptic always posts Patch notes here:-

http://www.startrekonline.com/release_notes

However if its just sever Maintenance patches (increase capacity or hardware ect...) then they will not post notes for it...
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-23-2010, 03:38 AM
How about people like me? I live in Vancouver, is that north american enough to be significant?
SOME people do have jobs that isn't 9-5. mine ends at 12am, by the time i get home and finish my daily shores, it's 3am.
you ever get that feeling where you endured a whole day of frustration and finally get to sit down and play your favorite game, only for worthless developers to take the server down not once a week, but EVERY OTHER NIGHT?

come on, really? are they just that dumb to not know how to compile more fixes into one patch PER WEEK?
am I paying for playtime? or am I paying for downtime?
what the hell are they patching? things that didn't work 2 weeks ago, still isn't working!
are servers more stable? NO
spam patrols? not implemented
Lt. Commander
# 86 keeping things in perspective...
02-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
I have the patch notes right here:

the broken fleet actions still won't be working but the quests will still be there. the PVP daily will still be broken, the Borg encounter daily will still be missing after appearing only for a single day and then vanishing. Bridge officers still won't be able to equip the new epic antiproton ground weapons. still no end game content and the borg/undine exploration missions will still not make sense. my female human and andorian bridge officers uniforms will still be bugged in that my commbadge colour and my rank pips colours are linked together and change to whatever I change the other one to.

the list goes on.
You're more of a 'glass is half empty' guy, aren't you?
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-23-2010, 03:39 AM
/Vote for Respec

/Vote for blue(or ultra rare) disruptor beam banks
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-23-2010, 03:47 AM
*redundant*
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerotrek328 View Post
HUGE Trek fan, I have read and own every novel and have all the shows and films. I have been waiting for an online game to use this character I have written about for YEARS. I noticed that I cannot change the gender or race of my bridge officers (learned they are called BOFFS or something...) And that sucks, because I already have a crew I wanted to use with backgrounds and everything. A shame.
You can buy all the Boffs you want for Starfleet merrits at Starbase 1 and train them at the Boff trainer. You get tons of new boffs during your career and use them to train their skills - you don't have to add them to your team.

It shouldn't be a problem to have four boffs of your favourite race and gender at Lieutenant 4.
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-23-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Duck
You know every time someone complains about downtime/prime-time, a kitten is brutally murdered.
And how would you know?!
Closed Thread