Lt. Commander
# 11 Rivera?
02-28-2010, 04:40 AM
I thought you could only get a Rivera tribble through pre order? I have tried on my Admiral to breed one according to several charts and different ways and can't breed one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-28-2010, 06:23 AM
Great post! Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-28-2010, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeryn View Post
I thought you could only get a Rivera tribble through pre order? I have tried on my Admiral to breed one according to several charts and different ways and can't breed one.
Yes I noticed the several lines saying "To get RIvera" this is false - Rivera can't be bread the flow charts show the arrows exiting OUT of Rivera to the other non-rare tribbles....depending on what food is fed to the Rivera, That is RIvera fed the foods listed - will produce Howe, Cavallaro, Deangelo, and Stacy (not the reverse)

Rivera is a "rare" blue item that is pre-order bonus only. He can't be traded or mailed either. To get Rivera you have to have him under special unlocks in the C-store.

Personally tho - the flow charts were way easier for me to follow - I love tribbles tho. and hope they add some more breeds later.

Specificlly need one that is Pink...
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-05-2010, 06:43 PM
So does the tier of a tribble matter at all? Or does tier just stand for the generation the tribble is at?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius_Bonaparte
So does the tier of a tribble matter at all? Or does tier just stand for the generation the tribble is at?
The actual tier "number" of a Tribble doesn't technically matter. I'm not even sure the game internally organizes them in tier levels like that. As I understand it when players started to track the different kinds of Tribbles the original list makers decided to list them in groups (tiers) just to keep track of the breeding generations.

Now as a general rule of thumb Tribbles listed with higher tier numbers tend to be the more powerful Tribbles buff-wise. But the tier number itself doesn't really mean anything game-wise because as far as I know we players assigned those values to them in our lists.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Yup, we used tiers just for organizing them.

Characters of any levels can "use" any of the Tribbles.

Regarding breeding Rivera, it's not possible, it might be people got a Ricossa or Mattson and confused them with a Rivera.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Are you kidding?
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Another aspect of the game that we have to learn from perusing forums and not explained in the game. I am really understanding frustration with this game more and more.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Be thankful that we have people on these forums who put as much work into figuring this stuff out While the game does lack explanation on this subject, I think it was meant too. Once "tribble breeding" got out, I think the devs were hoping it would take people ages to figure out how to get the best ones and be a great time sink. That could also be why there is a 1 hour wait to breed a tribble. If people didn't know what food to feed what tribble with all the possibilities, it could have taken forever to get the best ones. Haha, were they wrong! People had the charts of of tribble breeding in less than 2 months after release that told you exactly what you needed to do to get whatever tribble you wanted :p
Lt. Commander
# 19 Tribble breeding??
09-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow...this game is deeper than I thought. I hadn't heard of "tribble breeding" before an accidental search on FB...don't ask me how "tribble breeding" came up, I was looking for local STO players. XD

-Sevrin (UFP)/Tarak (KDF)
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Um...this has been on STO Wiki for a very long time...
http://www.stowiki.org/Guide:_Tribble_Breeding
Welcome to the game...
Closed Thread