Lt. Commander
# 1 Buddy code?
02-22-2010, 06:00 PM
I got a buddy code and ive been playing for almost 5 days. After a few days i looked at "My Account" and i spotted the 5 days trial, would have been nice if it showed how many days were left. Anyway i clicked on the "Add Payment Method" and it took me to payment methods. On this page it lets me insert cc info and all that stuff. The question is, if i add the cc info can i continue to play the game as a real game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huldu View Post
I got a buddy code and ive been playing for almost 5 days. After a few days i looked at "My Account" and i spotted the 5 days trial, would have been nice if it showed how many days were left. Anyway i clicked on the "Add Payment Method" and it took me to payment methods. On this page it lets me insert cc info and all that stuff. The question is, if i add the cc info can i continue to play the game as a real game?
You need both a retail key and a subscription to play. You can purchase the retail box at the store or you can get a digital download. The DVD installation is not needed since you already have it, just that retail key.

http://www.startrekonline.com/retail

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=118737
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the response. The pricing always make me cry. Standard edition, digital, 50. Retail box in US $40, not sure about the digital but im guessing it goes for $50 since they just *love* changing $ to .

Basically if i bought the game in my currency, the digital download would cost 500skr. If i were to get the US retail copy from walmart(for example) it would cost 288skr. Just hilarious when i think about it.

Guess ill chalk this game up on the board until the prices actually drop to a decent price, fitting the game as it is right now.