Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSkinny View Post
Sarid, I see people like you in every MMO. I'm sorry to single you out, but I feel sorry for the devs that post on these forums.

You realize they have strict rules about what they can talk about right? They also work in various departments and some devs may not have access to the information people really want. If they do have the information they'll have to get approval first. They can post in a thread about tribbles saying it's a good suggestion because there's nothing wrong with that. They can say they like an idea and not get fired because of it.

They can't, however, pop into every thread talking about gameplay and speak about future changes to the game when they don't even know if that change will be going in. Imagine how angry players would be if they posted saying they were going to change or add a feature, but then the higher ups decide to scrap that. Now everyone grabs their pitchforks and starts screaming about how the devs lied to them.

They have a list of what they're allowed to talk about publicly, so they post in idea threads they like to try to encourage positive feedback. If they were to do what you want and acknowledge every thread discussing a problem, you'd see 99 out of 100 posts being a canned response saying "We appreciate your feedback and hope you continue playing STO"

STO has problems, I make posts offering ideas and hoping to get things fixed, but "My grandma died because of STO and I'm quitting" threads and posts yelling at devs for actually trying to talk to the community on what little they're authorized to talk about doesn't help anything.

Give the community reps a break... most under appreciated job on the net I swear.
you havent been here long have you...matter of fact you havent been around mmo forums at all have you... saying they cant talk about something is better than completely ignoring everyone who posts a legit problem like the lack of contoller support (its there but it's not activated like no completely working autofire) so i am NOT trolling because this is a legit problem and it needs to be answered even if its a 'classified' reply because that says something is atleast on the way.

EDIT: being a csr is a great job and people will love you doing it IF you actualy do something instead of ignoring problems and just acting like nothing on their end is at fault (look at the **** forums for an example of bad csr's) there is nothing wrong with posting in topics as a csr but not even accepting that people are getting or could get carpal tunnel syndrom is a very big step in the WRONG direction which is causing alot of hate (if you look at other topics being made about controller support this is THE main issue as to why people want it let alone the chance of your space bar becoming unresponcive *typo i know*).

like i agree with your points im not gona agure that but how they are handeling this is all wrong because having trekkies mad is never a good idea.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Hmm... not answering is not the same as ignoring... but if the devs would state in every thread: "I've read that, we are up to it, thank you" or some other copy&paste stuff, sooner or later people want to know WHEN and why it takes so long and still get angry about that lazy folks at cryptic

Of course I would prefer them to have the menpower or the time to answer every issue personally. But I don't think you make the situation better by punishing every dev that posts into a thread, by telling them that they have more important things to do... I think common sense tells us that they in fact DO know what the issues are and that they think about them before posting some false promisses into the forum...

And: Hijacking a thread to state that your issue is more important is not very gentlemen-like, imho
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-23-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
you havent been here long have you...matter of fact you havent been around mmo forums at all have you... saying they cant talk about something is better than completely ignoring everyone who posts a legit problem like the lack of contoller support (its there but it's not activated like no completely working autofire) so i am NOT trolling because this is a legit problem and it needs to be answered even if its a 'classified' reply because that says something is atleast on the way.

EDIT: being a csr is a great job and people will love you doing it IF you actualy do something instead of ignoring problems and just acting like nothing on their end is at fault (look at the **** forums for an example of bad csr's) there is nothing wrong with posting in topics as a csr but not even accepting that people are getting or could get carpal tunnel syndrom is a very big step in the WRONG direction which is causing alot of hate (if you look at other topics being made about controller support this is THE main issue as to why people want it let alone the chance of your space bar becoming unresponcive *typo i know*).

like i agree with your points im not gona agure that but how they are handeling this is all wrong because having trekkies mad is never a good idea.
Been playing MMOs for the better part of a decade, always active in the forums. Dev presence in the forums have always been like this, which leads me to believe you're relatively new to MMOs.

Trust me, I've seen devs try what you're asking them to do. It just makes the community more upset. The devs start saying they're aware of problems but can't comment on it, the community pressures them for more info, then accuses them of being evasive.

It's not some conspiracy against the public, the community reps would love to give you all the information in the world, but they can't. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that neither them nor us are privy to. It's best to just post constructively on topics and hope for changes to come. Keep in mind that it takes time to add features to MMOs, even the little ones you think could be programmed in a day take far longer than you think. Then there's the fact that you can't just patch the game whenever, so even if the change is done they have to wait for the next push to get it out.

I get it, believe me, I want patches with bug fixes and new content as soon as possible, but be patient. The devs obviously care about the game or they wouldn't be working there, so they're doing the best they can. The best thing you can do as a player is to post your suggestions without flaming or trolling.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
wait...you can take the time to reply to a topic like this that has no real effect on gameplay...and ignore other topics that can potentialy (typo i know) make you lose customers? am i missing something here or does cryptic really not care that people are getting bugs and health problems from their game.

A dev posted just the other day that they plan on adding multiple autofire to spacecombat

And just recently they put in autofire back in for ground combat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Quinnell
There are species of tribbles?
If you right-click on one and select Info, you'll get the sub-species name, and some info about what sort of power it has (healing or buff). There are 24 breedable tribbles plus the pre-order one known so far, in about 8 tiers. Some have 1 hour buffs to damage, resistance, or regen; and rarer ones (bred with rarer drop-only food) can have multiple types of buff or stronger ones; in addition to exotic color and pattern combinations.

The stickied ()Tribble FAQ() is your best starting point for general information and basic breeding. If you're interested in advanced breeding, follow the discussion in the thread and check out the spreadsheets that are linked there.

As far as the thread topic goes, I strongly support the naming improvement, both for general use and to help organize them in the Exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
wait...you can take the time to reply to a topic like this that has no real effect on gameplay...and ignore other topics that can potentialy (typo i know) make you lose customers? am i missing something here or does cryptic really not care that people are getting bugs and health problems from their game.
You confuse me.
It's like you don't even read the posts of the Dev your bashing.
Here, let me make it simple for you...
Mhighison is the lead character artist.
ARTIST.

Of course he's gonna reply to threads that have no effect on gameplay!

We WANT him to reply to threads that have no effect on gameplay. :p

Not every Dev is gonna reply to the same stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlak
Please change the tribble names to the correct (sub-)species so they can be searched on the exchange.

Also, would be nice to show the correct image on buffs for the tribble that gave it.
I support this. I would also like to see them add the rarity colors.

My Rivera is NOT a common tribble.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlak
Please change the tribble names to the correct (sub-)species so they can be searched on the exchange.
This. A million times.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarid View Post
thats not the point of the problem though, i have yet to have had this problem in all the years i have played pc games and ever since i played this it has started so taking a break from 10mins of playing really isnt going to make the game fun nor would that even be tollerable and thus is why they need to either give us full working autofire or start supporting controllers properly (typo)
If I were a Dev I would not touch that subject with a ten-foot pole. Whatever they say they about your carpel tunnel puts them in a bad legal position. You should just hope that changes are made that relieve your situation but do not expect any kind of response or acknowlegment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Notice the sig on the Dev that responded. Now how does your problems pertain to his/her section of the game. Oh, it doesn't. Move along.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:22 AM.