Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
As per subject, what is the difference between these skills other than the skill slot they take up (lt, lt cmdr, cmdr). The tooltip is not very enlightening. If RSP III is no different than RSP II why waste the commander slot on it when you can just use a lieutenant slot?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 07:29 PM
I can only guess.duration perhaps?
Tool tip in the BO bar (or assignment) doesn't say much?

Jokingly, I'd say the difference between I, II and III is that you can't die to beams while it is on xD
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2010, 08:20 PM
At one point didn't an Engineering captain get Reverse shield polarity free? They must have removed it because I never got it on my engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-22-2010, 09:04 PM
There are a number of skills that have this conusion for me.

Even Jam Sensors and Scramble Sensors for instance. Duration is modfiied by skills and consoles, so what it is the difference in what tier you use as long as you have it?

I certainly wish there was a listing of every skill and what if any extra advantage you get for the higher tier of it. Some are obvious, but many are completely in the dark to me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
in a nutshell, nothing important, all that changes is the coefficient for shield regen on damage gets higher (not that it matters since its already above one). the duration is fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-22-2010, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
There are a number of skills that have this conusion for me.

Even Jam Sensors and Scramble Sensors for instance. Duration is modfiied by skills and consoles, so what it is the difference in what tier you use as long as you have it?

I certainly wish there was a listing of every skill and what if any extra advantage you get for the higher tier of it. Some are obvious, but many are completely in the dark to me.
For Jam Targeting sensors its a longer duration on the higher level skills, not much but a few seconds longer, same for VM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiedelH
For Jam Targeting sensors its a longer duration on the higher level skills, not much but a few seconds longer, same for VM.
VM3 has a longer cooldown than VM1 or 2, at least on my BOffs. But yes, it also lasts longer

For RSP I noticed no real difference between 1-3 (same duration, same cooldown), so I just use RSP1 and save the higher BOff slots for more useful skills
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmana View Post
At one point didn't an Engineering captain get Reverse shield polarity free? They must have removed it because I never got it on my engineer.
Sure you're not thinking of Rotate Shield Frequency?