Lt. Commander
# 1 Earth Space Dock and the Moon
02-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Ya so got bored and did a little sightseeing thru sol system. I saw the moon and did a full orbit and I didn't see any alien bases on the darkside. Repeat: NO alien bases on the dark side of the moon.

Is this a bug? or was it intended?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
I forget precisely how many people live on the moon in the 24th/25th century (Riker says something about it on the Phoenix in First Contact), but it's in the millions, so the aliens probably didn't stand a chance once we got a foothold.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Well, the moon rotates, so eventually that means there will be no bases on the light side. It may be tidally locked with the Earth, but it's still spinning.

[edit]
In the real that is... I don't think celestial bodies in STO do any revolving or orbiting, but then again it's not something overly important. hehehe
[/edit]
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 06:00 PM
I think the moon is supposed to be terraformed, i remember riker saying something about a Lake Armstrong on the moon.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I think the moon is supposed to be terraformed, i remember riker saying something about a Lake Armstrong on the moon.
I also remember something about a statue to my magnificence.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
I am trying to think if they ever showed the moon. Cause it might be, or the lake was in a giant bio domes. Something good to research.

If it were reality, it would be impossible to terraform the moon due to its low gravity. There's just not enough mass to hold an atmosphere that's more than a few inches thick.

I know Star Trek doesn't follow reality all of the time, and I'm okay with that.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I also remember something about a statue to my magnificence.
Not so much 'statue' as 'burning effigy', and not so much 'to your magnificence' as 'to appease your wrath'.

Also, never seen a picture of you, but I always pictured you as decked in full military fatigues, wearing a balaclava and an AK strapped to your back. Pretty epic burning effigy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
I believe it was supposed to be 5 million people on the moon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Also it's entirely possible they just put the moon in a giant bubble and terraformed it. Since the moon cannot hold it's own atmosphere doesn't mean you can't force it to have one.
Lt. Commander
I decided to go on a little adventure "Boldly Going Where Man Has Gone Before." So I took my Tier One ship for a quick flight around Sol, and this is what I found.

I've come to the conclusion, "That's a target I've got the Arizona pointed at." And tried to fly into it.