Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I'd like to add this "Diplomacy" Mini-game suggestion for the OP to work over with his graphical magic.

Link is to tinypic image which communicates the concept. It borrows some inspiration from the classic boardgame "Diplomacy" but only inspiration, is not a "copy"

No requirement for special diplomatic skills to grind, still has strategy and thinking, and can provide multiple or binary outputs.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-25-2010, 11:39 AM
Those games look awesome, all classics that I remember from back in the day and the reimagining of newer classics.

This would add a good level of depth to the game that would make the noncombat missions which, as of now, are little better than go here then there then there.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
First of all, thanks (again) for the support and feedback everyone. I just read today's State of the Game and I do think that Cryptic is paying attention to threads like this one. I'm eager to start seeing some of the feedback about non-combat content work its way into the game once some of the higher-priority stuff gets worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malize View Post
I'd like to add this "Diplomacy" Mini-game suggestion for the OP to work over with his graphical magic.

Link is to tinypic image which communicates the concept. It borrows some inspiration from the classic boardgame "Diplomacy" but only inspiration, is not a "copy"

No requirement for special diplomatic skills to grind, still has strategy and thinking, and can provide multiple or binary outputs.
Thanks for the suggestion! I think I am going to start a brand new thread about a diplomacy system. I did a rough mock-up of one a while back, I've attached it to this post.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-25-2010, 06:34 PM
sounds like a great idea to me
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-25-2010, 07:14 PM
/Signed

Amazing idea, this would really liven up the exploration missions, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-25-2010, 08:10 PM
I love this idea!

I've been wanting mini-games and puzzles since I started playing.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
another proof that they are watching.
I already said many times that Cryptic "listens". However, they still never said anything about minigames and, like it or not, I believe they should.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-25-2010, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomastheCat View Post
Thanks for the suggestion! I think I am going to start a brand new thread about a diplomacy system. I did a rough mock-up of one a while back, I've attached it to this post.
Glad to hear that : I never though of a diplomacy system this way, I think you and Malize may come up with something really refreshing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Glad to hear that : I never though of a diplomacy system this way, I think you and Malize may come up with something really refreshing.
Well discussion with Mentalx has convinced me that the simplest implementation of these types of interactive mental feats (as in the OP) is the way to go. No extra skills, no complex UI choices or decision trees, nothing overly wordy.

To-the-point representation that will get quick resolution. (After all, imagine if you are "in group"...what are they doing while you are doing the mini-game? If they are waiting on you it will need some form of quick resolution.)
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Ah, this thread is comfortable like an old pair of shoes. One thousand times yes, OP! Minigames are necessity itself.