Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malize View Post
I'd like to add this "Diplomacy" Mini-game suggestion for the OP to work over with his graphical magic.

Link is to tinypic image which communicates the concept. It borrows some inspiration from the classic boardgame "Diplomacy" but only inspiration, is not a "copy"

No requirement for special diplomatic skills to grind, still has strategy and thinking, and can provide multiple or binary outputs.
I have my own ideas on diplomacy on a thread in my signature. I'm really hoping to hear something on the subject from the developers soon.
Lt. Commander
# 32 We could use minigames like.
02-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Putting together parts of a machine to make a device for a mission requirement.
rearranging colored chips to get the computer working again.
Picking the right person from a list for a duty roster or repair job.
punching buttons on a panel to hack the code to activate something.
moving an crystal in 3 directions to improve some function or fixing it.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relict View Post
I have my own ideas on diplomacy on a thread in my signature. I'm really hoping to hear something on the subject from the developers soon.
The problem with any single-action diplomacy is how do you apply it to groups of players?

I'd point to the problems with dialogue windows opening and re-opening in group play as one player or another makes selections...right now it is not a big issue since there is only a single selection with a single outcome in each dialogue. However if multiple selections become important than you are going to run into a huge problem there, since the dev's didn't resolve this "split" or recursive dialogue to begin with.

Ideally you would have some kind of mini-game or whatnot that *each* member of the group can contribute to...*and* not take too much time away from the regular game flow; this latter becoming even more important if you cannot make the mini-game group interactive. No one wants to spend over a minute or maybe two watching someone else "play" while they are essentially in limbo until that is resolved.

Remember, the second "M" in MMO is for Multiplayer!
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Shameless bump .. . ... ..
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-03-2010, 03:26 AM
OP Signed. And we need much more for each profession! Loved the Fallout 3 hacking mini game, too. If you fail, you are simply denied some loot or have to shoot your way through a situation that otherwise could have been resolved by beating the mini game.

AND one could use a 2sec mini game to rotate frequencies on weapons when you fight the Borg. Without recalibrating your weapons the damage they do slowly drops by 10% after each hit. That is cruel, I know, but it would add so much tension .
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-03-2010, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelGarrett View Post
AND one could use a 2sec mini game to rotate frequencies on weapons when you fight the Borg. Without recalibrating your weapons the damage they do slowly drops by 10% after each hit. That is cruel, I know, but it would add so much tension .

On ground it would work fine too : imagine you are hacking a door while your buddies / boffs are fighting to slow down the enemy (they respawn endlessly to add more pressure)
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRavencroft
My version of STO I wrote a long time ago was based more around a Crew on one ship rather than everyone having their own ship. In that kind of game these types of minigames were for each station a player could use to help the crew as a whole to complete missions.

I would of prefered a MMO like that for STO but sadly got this.

ANYWAY, I am glad someone brought this up and I am glad it has some wonderful concept art for it too. Keep up the great sugestions.
That was the sort of game my brother was looking for. Needless to say STO wasn't his cup of tea.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Nice images of those mini games. Are you sure you are not a designer ? Excellent ideas. With all these ideas we are pumping out all over the show hopefully some of them will be considered in one form or another
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
On ground it would work fine too : imagine you are hacking a door while your buddies / boffs are fighting to slow down the enemy (they respawn endlessly to add more pressure)
Or as Magnum might say to himself..."Don't look at the Targs, work the lock...You looked at the Targs!"
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
Ha! The image for the rhythm game is really clever and well done!