Lt. Commander
# 1 Just finished "Suspect"
02-23-2010, 12:33 AM
I just finished a captain ranked mission titled "Suspect"... and... holy... holy.... O_O

I already thought the episode was unique for making you decide on what to do. But the ending... it caught me by surprise!

I'm just so utterly amazed by this episode, I just had to go to the forums and express my appreciation for this. One of the great episodes I've played in STO so far. I actually felt like I was in one of those Star Trek episodes with a plot twist.

Bravo, to whoever wrote this episode, bravo!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I like the episodes with twists in them. I'd also like a lot more missions with the choice option like this one, even though it doesn't really make much of a difference on the outcome being able to make any personal choice is neat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I wish there was something in your conversations that would point you to the correct answer. If there was, I missed it. Good mission though... yes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2010, 08:35 AM
Just finished it too, definately one of the coolest episodes in the game, right up there with City on the Edge of Never.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I have to admit I was thinking about canceling my subscription, but missions like this give me some hope in this game after all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 05:24 PM
forcing the player to choose and letting that choice have consequence, a tangible one that can be seen at some point either near or far makes an experience compelling. best mission in sto.

its why mass effect succeeds even tho the 'actual gameplay' is nothing unique.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Knew it
03-10-2010, 11:18 PM
So obviously there would be a twist, you're dealing with Section 31 and you're given a choice. Ending was obvious because if you look at the map those yellow lines are pretty familiar.

I sided with Drake, mostly because of Section 31's background in Star Trek and the Capt was missing his pips. Anywho can someone tell me what happen when you pick the Captain over Drake? Just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-11-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude71681 View Post
So obviously there would be a twist, you're dealing with Section 31 and you're given a choice. Ending was obvious because if you look at the map those yellow lines are pretty familiar.

I sided with Drake, mostly because of Section 31's background in Star Trek and the Capt was missing his pips. Anywho can someone tell me what happen when you pick the Captain over Drake? Just curious.
Drake is disappointed with your "poor decision making abilities" but still keeps your name on file just in case they can use you in the future (I've done this mission both ways).

I sided with Drake the first time I did the mission, because I couldn't think of a valid reason why an Undine in Drake's position of power would waste his time by screwing around with a single cruiser. Plus, someone else pointed out elsewhere that there is no explanation for how the Captain knows that Drake is a Section 31 agent, which is at least a little suspicious.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigen42 View Post
Drake is disappointed with your "poor decision making abilities" but still keeps your name on file just in case they can use you in the future (I've done this mission both ways).

I sided with Drake the first time I did the mission, because I couldn't think of a valid reason why an Undine in Drake's position of power would waste his time by screwing around with a single cruiser. Plus, someone else pointed out elsewhere that there is no explanation for how the Captain knows that Drake is a Section 31 agent, which is at least a little suspicious.
so u run in assuming youre the only one whos ever worked with drake?!?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Yes! Just finished this a moment ago. Fantastic mission - I would quibble minorly about how those darned engineers took forever to drop, since they kept recharging their shields every 15 seconds, but the overall mission arc kept surprising me, and the twist at the end blew me away.