Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Tonight in a FvK match I experienced another player named [edit] shooting THRU the wall in the map Assimilated Cruiser Arena map.

He was using the Tr-116 Rifle - [edit]
And he claims that a GM said it's ok to shoot thru walls and that's how the weapon is supposed to work.

[edit]
(Warning, foul language in the picture)

I hope that this can get fixed AND Roy can get a ban/warning.

I usually don't go post stuff like this for people who CHEAT, but it's hard enough to get Klingons to que up for a group battle, and when we have someone like this in the arena you know they are not going to que back up again for awhile.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 02:15 AM
And I didn't get my Fraps running to show everyone how he was doing it, and I would rather not show people how to do it anyways!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 02:17 AM
TR-116
A player equips this phaser rifle into one of his two ground weapon slots. The TR-116 is a rare projectile weapon is used in dampening fields and other challenging environments, it is also modified with a micro-transporter which beams the fired projectiles to targets at close range so that a user can fire without a direct line of sight.

From the preorder bonus page right here on StarTrekOnline.com
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 02:25 AM
I don't get it, why would he only do it in a certain spot, and staring directly into the wall?

wow if the weapon is like that... wow!

And does that ability have a cooldown? Or can you just spam it over and over?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Honestly, I can't actually answer any of those questions. I didn't get that particular preorder bonus (went with the Steam version and got my automated defense turret), so I couldn't tell you how often that ability can be used. As to why he stood in that particular spot behind a wall, I'd guess behind a wall is the safest place in a firefight, especially if you can shoot through it and your opponent can't.

Edit: looking at the item tooltip a bit closer, I noticed the primary shot deals kinetic damage. If that's the case, it'll suffer from severe reduced damage against personal shields, just like photon grenades and other sources of kinetic damage. Seems likely the primary shot could be the wall-piercer (and it has a firing rate of 1 per second), but until a target's shields were down his damage would be very low.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 04:09 AM
Reason he would be staring at teh wall is that by facing that way he ahs no LoS thus enabling the beam effect to work normally through walls etc,

ahh I wish I had one of those weapons
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Ha, the mod edited out the @name but I know exactly who you're talking about when you say it's "Roy".

I'm pretty sure I have a video of him doing the same thing. Not that videos count as proof, I'm just saying, he has multiple means of exploiting and doesn't hesitate to use them all. I have never seen him play a straight game.

He also knows how to switch teams (he's Fed but suddenly he's on the Klingon team), which he claims gives him double rewards.

Cryptic needs to get off the couch and just ban him before he and people like him drive more customers away than they already have.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDragoon View Post
Edit: looking at the item tooltip a bit closer, I noticed the primary shot deals kinetic damage. If that's the case, it'll suffer from severe reduced damage against personal shields, just like photon grenades and other sources of kinetic damage. Seems likely the primary shot could be the wall-piercer (and it has a firing rate of 1 per second), but until a target's shields were down his damage would be very low.
Actually kinetic damage works different in ground combat -- it bypasses shields and goes straight to your health. Melee combat, bat'leths and this gun all work that way.

I kept him from killing me by using hypos but nevertheless I was running down hallways, through rooms, etc and constantly being shot with bolts coming through the walls from a person I couldn't see.

It's always something with Roy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
the tr-116 in a sniper rifle that dematerializes its round the moment it clears the barrel and rematerializes it a bout an inch fron the target (it was used by an assassin on DS9 to kill his targets with out ever entering the room)
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 09:26 AM
The TR-116A Rifle is amazing.

I use it all the time in tier 1 pvp. You click on a guy, back up around the corner and blast him through the wall.

This is not a bug, nor an exploit, just and amazingly cool gun from an episode of DS9.

Here is the description of the attack:

TR-116 A Rifle - Sniper Shot (exploit attack)
Damage and Knockback
146 Kinetic Damage (14DPS)
66% chance: Knocks back +8 feet

The rifles other two attacks (bolt and rifle butt) do not shoot through walls.
Like all sniper shots there is a cooldown.

Is this weapons really good? Yes
Does it give a slight advantage in pvp? Yes

But only for tier 1. Once you hit tier 2 you very quickly find much better weapons then the TR rifle, so it is only advantageous for the first 10 levels, after that the player field is leveled.

Like all of our pre-order bonuses it gives the players who purchased the items at the select retailers something other people do not have, but all pre-order bonuses quickly get out leveled. So there is a balance.