Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2010, 08:33 AM
To the OP go watch the DS9 episode with the TR116 riffle, that is the major twist in the story line :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
Actually kinetic damage works different in ground combat -- it bypasses shields and goes straight to your health. Melee combat, bat'leths and this gun all work that way.
Nono, that's Physical damage, which does bypass shields. If you even read the description of a photon grenade, it says shields reduce the effects of kinetic damage.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
One of my favorite DS9 episodes. Season 7 ep. 13. Field of Fire
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
Like all of our pre-order bonuses it gives the players who purchased the items at the select retailers something other people do not have, but all pre-order bonuses quickly get out leveled. So there is a balance.
With the exception of the Borg Boff. She can be used from levels 1-45 and onward.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2010, 09:18 AM
That's an awesome bonus item. Granted, people will say "ZOMG ITS UNFAIRZ I WANTZ ONE NO FAREZ" without taking the time to consider that, as you mentioned, it's only in T1.

Anyway, before the world craps on you guys for putting content into the game (but not the *right* kinda content), allow me to say I support you. That's a nice piece of lore and a nifty weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2010, 09:42 AM
There is actuely a bug with Assimilated Crusier that allows the player to get on the out side off certain areas of the map which allows them to shoot though a number off walls and not be attacked back, though this can also lead to said person droping off the map all togather.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Poor Roy. He's kind of like the kid the cops always pull over because the town THINKS he's a trouble maker.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Let this be an important lesson for everyone. Always make sure someone is actually cheating before you start accusing them of such.

I see this constantly in FPS games people get beat by something legit they did not know about or understand and instantly jump to the conclusion that the other person must be cheating. This is unproductive results in unneeded hostility among the players and frankly put is most often based on false assumptions.

If you do suspect someone of cheating then your best recourse is to communicate with the GMs / Moderators in private. This way you can avoid needless public accusations of innocent players and embarrassment if your wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDragoon View Post
Nono, that's Physical damage, which does bypass shields. If you even read the description of a photon grenade, it says shields reduce the effects of kinetic damage.
Well I'm telling you the damage from this rifle bypasses shields. I *do* have video of that. I was having to eat hypos to avoid dying from this even in T5.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac
Poor Roy. He's kind of like the kid the cops always pull over because the town THINKS he's a trouble maker.
Oh, he still cheats often enough. Unless "switching teams" is another obscure pre-order bonus item that I don't know about which the devs implemented by intentional design because 6v4 once happened on an episode of DS9.