Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2010, 10:58 AM
So... for people's first taste of pvp they may have to contend with a weapon that, unless you're aware of the preorder bonus, makes it seem like the other guy has a significant advantage and/or is cheating?

I'm not *entirely* sure that was a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeah, an item that looks like it's breaking the basic rules of combat, line of sight, is not a good thing to have in T1.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
The TR-116A Rifle is amazing.

I use it all the time in tier 1 pvp. You click on a guy, back up around the corner and blast him through the wall.

This is not a bug, nor an exploit, just and amazingly cool gun from an episode of DS9.

Here is the description of the attack:

TR-116 A Rifle - Sniper Shot (exploit attack)
Damage and Knockback
146 Kinetic Damage (14DPS)
66% chance: Knocks back +8 feet

The rifles other two attacks (bolt and rifle butt) do not shoot through walls.
Like all sniper shots there is a cooldown.

Is this weapons really good? Yes

Does it give a slight advantage in pvp? Yes

But only for tier 1. Once you hit tier 2 you very quickly find much better weapons then the TR rifle, so it is only advantageous for the first 10 levels, after that the player field is leveled.

Like all of our pre-order bonuses it gives the players who purchased the items at the select retailers something other people do not have, but all pre-order bonuses quickly get out leveled. So there is a balance.
You call shooting thru walls directly attacking a players health (ignoring shields) a SLIGHT advantage? Remove this weapon from PVP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF8iA9l86qw

It took me a good half hour to figure out he was doing this, as I played other ground maps against him and couldnt figure out WHERE i was being shot from. My shields 'aoe knockdown on dmg' was going of randomly.

On small likes like ghost ship & deserted facility this is a joke. You can be shot from halfway across the map
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez
You call shooting thru walls directly attacking a players health (ignoring shields) a SLIGHT advantage? Remove this weapon from PVP

It took me a good half hour to figure out he was doing this, as I played other ground maps against him and couldnt figure out WHERE i was being shot from. My shields 'aoe knockdown on dmg' was going of randomly.

On small likes like ghost ship & deserted facility this is a joke. You can be shot from halfway across the map
Thank you for posting this!!

GM_Indigofyre please look at this video!!
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee95 View Post
Tonight in a FvK match I experienced another player named [edit] shooting THRU the wall in the map Assimilated Cruiser Arena map.

He was using the Tr-116 Rifle - [edit]
And he claims that a GM said it's ok to shoot thru walls and that's how the weapon is supposed to work.

[edit]
(Warning, foul language in the picture)

I hope that this can get fixed AND Roy can get a ban/warning.

I usually don't go post stuff like this for people who CHEAT, but it's hard enough to get Klingons to que up for a group battle, and when we have someone like this in the arena you know they are not going to que back up again for awhile.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
I am guessing you never saw that episode of DS9? The gun can fire through walls.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlee95 View Post
Thank you for posting this!!

GM_Indigofyre please look at this video!!
Yeah, but I see many of the hit doing more shield damage that life damage, the guy in the video even recharges his shields once because of it. I don't think this is a "cheat". It may be unfair, and un-sportsman-like but it's completely legit.

I have this pre-order bonus and I don't use it, because I think it's pretty lame and actually no damn fun to use. Still, for those people who pre-ordered from Target, they get this; just like some people have a Borg BO and I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
The TR-116A Rifle is amazing.

I use it all the time in tier 1 pvp. You click on a guy, back up around the corner and blast him through the wall.

This is not a bug, nor an exploit, just and amazingly cool gun from an episode of DS9.

Here is the description of the attack:

TR-116 A Rifle - Sniper Shot (exploit attack)
Damage and Knockback
146 Kinetic Damage (14DPS)
66% chance: Knocks back +8 feet

The rifles other two attacks (bolt and rifle butt) do not shoot through walls.
Like all sniper shots there is a cooldown.

Is this weapons really good? Yes
Does it give a slight advantage in pvp? Yes

But only for tier 1. Once you hit tier 2 you very quickly find much better weapons then the TR rifle, so it is only advantageous for the first 10 levels, after that the player field is leveled.

Like all of our pre-order bonuses it gives the players who purchased the items at the select retailers something other people do not have, but all pre-order bonuses quickly get out leveled. So there is a balance.
Yeah the devs used to cheat in Eve too.

Why dont you give yourself a flamethrower and an invincible shield while you're at it? It's only fair, after all...
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein
Yeah the devs used to cheat in Eve too.

Why dont you give yourself a flamethrower and an invincible shield while you're at it? It's only fair, after all...
It's not a cheat. it was a preorder bonus based on the gun in DS9. All of the preorders were published on the website for over a month before release.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digglez

Excellent video, Digglez. You can see how the rifle is not only damaging health through shields but is actually allowing the player using it to fire from a different part of the map.

Yeah, this is another terrible idea. Some things you just have to assume are bugs because you're trying to give the game designer the benefit of the doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
It's not a cheat. it was a preorder bonus based on the gun in DS9. All of the preorders were published on the website for over a month before release.
It's not a cheat to shoot thorugh walls? Only because you gave it to yourselves. If it was you getting shot thorugh walls you'd soon change your tune.

What other special powers do devs have in pvp?