Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2010, 06:59 AM
FvF is the only way I can see to lower Federation queue times, and when assumed to be holodeck simulations presents no issues with Star Trek canon.

The Klingon players that don't have a T5 Federation character don't understand what we face just to get some matches going. The last game I was in was a few days ago; I waited ~45 minutes for the queue to pop, only to get into a 5v0 map. This has happened multiple times before, and I'm kind of sick of it. Still, this time I went ahead and stayed in the map, staring at the screen and talking to some of the other guys on the Federation side. I waited like this for something like 6-8 minutes, and we still had 0 Klingons in the game. I then alt tabbed and read the forums for another ~5 minutes before once again checking on the PvP match - lo and behold we now have 5 Klingons, and multiple deaths on the Federation side. Turns out, all 5 Klingons are in the same fleet in a premade, and apparently some of the Federation players had gotten bored and left; so we basically had 3 guys feeding them focus-fire kills until the match ended at 15-0.

Would YOU really want to spend ~1 hour between games, just to have a lot of them end up like that? Having bad PUGs is expected, and when you're getting games with minimal wait times they aren't that big of a deal. Most of the time in pre-T5 games, I didn't have to wait more than maybe 5-10 minutes for a game, and some were basically instant. At Rear Admiral, it's a whole new ballgame, and is not in the least bit fun. I don't want to wait 30-60 minutes for every single game, even ones during PRIME TIME hours. Sure, I can go run missions while waiting, and then I can decide if I want to lose 20 minutes worth of mission progress to take that queue that just popped. And if I do take that queue, I have to cross my fingers and hope that there's actually a Klingon team to fight, and not more waiting.

FvF needs to be implemented asap, and it needs to award the exact same points, medals, and credits as FvK does.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2010, 07:00 AM
It never hurts the game to have more options; adding FvF PvP is better than having people get turned off PvP by long queues.

And if you wait in a match for Klingons to show up, it's because the broken queue system has left them with 1 or 2 players. I've never seen a full team wait very long to attack, just long enough to type in a primary target.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Canon isn't the be all end all. If it sounds nice on paper but is **** in practice, then you scrap it and go back to the drawin board. Mccoy doesn't have time for this ****.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Jadzia and Worf were ALWAYS fighting in the Holodeck. Well, there we also doing other things in the holodeck but that's besides the point.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2010, 07:27 AM
The long queues have pretty much turned me off of PvP. Right now I just log on doing an explore mission and if I don't get a pvp pop in that time, usually don't, I log off.

FvF battle simulations may not be the best solution, but right now it is the only solution that I see.

I'd play a Klingon, but I don't want to level almost exclusively on PvP so I wait. I've only got 1 character slot left to make a Klingon with and I won't do so until there is more content for them.

Personally, I don't see how the Klingons think this will detract from their PvP. Most of them are doing house battles already anyway and those that are fighting against Federation get instant queues because there are 100+ federation waiting for enough Klingons to join to spawn the instance.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts
Space pvp would be fun if you just take out the cloak. Sorta boring waiting and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Or cloak, fight, battle cloak so I don't diez!

Vanish in space? Who's bright idea was that....

edit: Don't care if it's op or not. It just draws out a match. I'm not here to stroke your ego, I just want my badges. I'm a pvper not a god damn drama queen 'man.'

So FvF here I come. At least the matches will be over quicker, faster, and harder.

Cloak is a Klingon and Romulan trade mark. You can not have a Star Trek game with out these two empires and you can't have these two empires without them using the cloakking device.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Meeber Zloot
Cloak is a Klingon and Romulan trade mark. You can not have a Star Trek game with out these two empires and you can't have these two empires without them using the cloakking device.
Having it and spamming it are two different things.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Then add about 300 more Klingon Admirals and perhaps you are right, but as it is, the ratio at Admiral is abnout 100 to 1 for Feds. That means we sit in hte queue for hours just to get one mission.

That's why we need FvF. IT has nothing to do with Klingons other than a lack of them.
And the lack of them is only going to get worse with FvF. The main reason Klingons are made is to have readily available pvp. Give it to the Feds and far fewer players will play cryptic's ******* child called Klingons. I don't understand why people don't realize this.

Yes, give the badges of exploration or whatever. Dumb it down and there may still be a chance. I have always been the definition of the type of player that wanted to play the good guy this time around. I wanted to be the Picard facing a fierce enemy. But the reality for my type of gamer is that pvp is the only thing "this" game has to offer, and thus I have had to play Klingon. Give me FvF and I like others no longer have to play Klingon.... Thus even more lacking population. Regardless, I had fun while it lasted...
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
And the lack of them is only going to get worse with FvF. The main reason Klingons are made is to have readily available pvp. Give it to the Feds and far fewer players will play cryptic's ******* child called Klingons. I don't understand why people don't realize this.

Yes, give the badges of exploration or whatever. Dumb it down and there may still be a chance. I have always been the definition of the type of player that wanted to play the good guy this time around. I wanted to be the Picard facing a fierce enemy. But the reality for my type of gamer is that pvp is the only thing "this" game has to offer, and thus I have had to play Klingon. Give me FvF and I like others no longer have to play Klingon.... Thus even more lacking population. Regardless, I had fun while it lasted...
Make the rewards in Faction vs Faction PVP much better than the PVP where you fight your own faction then you will have wanting to play FvK. But we still want FvF just like we have KvK PVP. It will not be the death of PVP
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Gene Roddenberry I believe...
I think it was episode #2 of TOS that Kirk first battles the Romulan Capt, (Later Sarek, Spock's Dad), which he uses cloak.