Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2010, 07:47 AM
I think a good solution would be Any vs. Any... let people queue for open matches where, say, the matcher creates a Fed or Klingon team depending on availability and throws them against each other.

I think anything else is going to face serious problems.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Hey, that actually sounds like a good idea Zahinder.

Regardless, FvF will happen. Fed players cannot pvp as it is right now in the upper tiers. It is a part of the game, and cryptic will give them access to it.

Or put in other words: feds are 90-95% of the customers at the moment. Klingon queues simply aren't a priority.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardekke
Let the players do what they want, don't force them to play FvK if they don't want to. I, too, believe balance is a myth but that doesn't mean that a lot of fed's simply aren't having fun. I mean FvK does force Fed's to be on the defensive in every match, which gets kind of annoying and dull. Let the Fed's have their PvP against other Fed's rather than force them into FvK, it'll help keep interest to let them actually be on the offensive sometimes.

I have a max level toon on both sides and I personally want to see FvF because it's another type of PvP I'll be able to enjoy. And also, it's already on the way so you'd be better off just accepting it.
With FvF pvp, there won't BE any Klingons, because even while at all the tiers past lowbie, the Feds win most of the time, Feds still hate the cloak even though it's a minor thing at most. Feds will only spend time fighting Feds and the Klingons won't be able to level at all. Yeah it's coming, and the Klingons will be gone when it arrives.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
ya know if the Klingon players think feddies are going to refuse to fight them it begs the question why?

what about Klingons makes them undesireable to PVP agaisnt? simply digging in and complaining that FvF will kill Klingons isn't the solution, the solution is to find a way to make FvK PVP desireable.

because what I'm reading here is even the Klingons are saying "PVP with Klingons sucls so hard no one would play it if they had another choice"
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Maybe they should auto disable cloaking in KvK matches (or give everyone a huge perception buff) so they would be fun to play rather than a test of patience to see who uncloaks first.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 10:02 AM
How about mixed teams? Not too canon, but 3 BOPs and 2 Fed Sci Ships would be amusing.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Mixed teams would be interesting, and as for canon... well, there have been periods of Trek where Fed and Kling ships worked together.

If it's a 'holosimulation,' that's one way. Or some specific 'common threat' (one side is borg-infested, maybe).
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldflow View Post
Maybe they should auto disable cloaking in KvK matches (or give everyone a huge perception buff) so they would be fun to play rather than a test of patience to see who uncloaks first.
yeah gonna agree with that one for sure, cloaking in KvK is annoying
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I think the Klinks just don't want to give up their free Fed kills and are just QQ...

Sorry couldn't resist poking fun at some of these posters who come on to quip nonconstructive one liners.

Constructively speaking, I feel for the Klingons lack of PVE I really do, but I think it's important to note that THEY CAN ROLL A FED CHARACTER AT ANY TIME TO PVE while they are waiting for more Klink content. They may even get the opportunity to see how dreary PvP is against the cloakathon klinks.

I see no problem with FvF. I think it's an easy, implementable idea that will add another new and interesting facet to this game.

--Tao
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoShaffer View Post
I think the Klinks just don't want to give up their free Fed kills and are just QQ...

Sorry couldn't resist poking fun at some of these posters who come on to quip nonconstructive one liners.

Constructively speaking, I feel for the Klingons lack of PVE I really do, but I think it's important to note that THEY CAN ROLL A FED CHARACTER AT ANY TIME TO PVE while they are waiting for more Klink content. They may even get the opportunity to see how dreary PvP is against the cloakathon klinks.

I see no problem with FvF. I think it's an easy, implementable idea that will add another new and interesting facet to this game.

--Tao
Conversely, Federation can play a klingon character any time they want to PVP.

FvF is only adding more to the game for federation, but depending on how it is implemented, it may take away some of the game for klingons. That is what is being discussed here.