Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-23-2010, 01:26 PM
The argument about FvF killing of the Klingon faction is a mute point atm, becuae lets face it the Klingon faction is dead already, as soon as people realised how klingons were tehy ever stopped playing or jsut made a fed, only the free die hard Klingon players made it to General and all we do is log in do our daily and log off...

The Klingon faction is dead give teh feds FvF if they want let them have their PvP because lets face it no one like queing forever and it wont really change anythign accept maby open up the forums to the new cries to nerf OP powers and stratagies the Federation use againt each other...

newhoo the main point of my post is this...

We dont care have what you want, the Klingon faction is dead or dying already... end of subject...
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-23-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundredth View Post
Conversely, Federation can play a klingon character any time they want to PVP.

FvF is only adding more to the game for federation, but depending on how it is implemented, it may take away some of the game for klingons. That is what is being discussed here.
The Klingons didn't pay solely to play Klingons, they have access to the Fed side as well. And honestly I've found some of the fed Quests to be quite entertaining. If "Klingon" players choose not to partake of the Fed side that is their personal choice. I don't want my experience of the game (Which encompasses the entire game) to be hindered simply because some player REFUSE to participate in other factions.

Their personal choice is not my problem. They have the opportunity to fill the time playing Fed. Frankly FvF will have little impact on the overall balance problems of PvP that we are seeing right now. Participation of FvK will continue to drop regardless of FvF implementation. Of course that is my opinion of the trend.

--Tao
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoShaffer View Post
The Klingons didn't pay solely to play Klingons, they have access to the Fed side as well. And honestly I've found some of the fed Quests to be quite entertaining. If "Klingon" players choose not to partake of the Fed side that is their personal choice. I don't want my experience of the game (Which encompasses the entire game) to be hindered simply because some player REFUSE to participate in other factions.

Their personal choice is not my problem. They have the opportunity to fill the time playing Fed. Frankly FvF will have little impact on the overall balance problems of PvP that we are seeing right now. Participation of FvK will continue to drop regardless of FvF implementation. Of course that is my opinion of the trend.

--Tao
How is that different from federation players choosing to not play klingon for pvp? Frankly, I find your post almost off-topic. How did we go from discussing what impact FvF will have on the klingon gameplay to discussing federation PVE as an alternative for klingons?

Anyway, as I said above, it's a no-brainer, FvF will happen. The only thing Klingon can hope for is that it will not empty the FvK queue. Or if it does, that there is some other way for klingons to pvp (the only way to level).
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
They just need to enable a zone where faction vs faction pvp can take place in a non queued situation.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-23-2010, 02:26 PM
FvF could really destroy the entire klingon faction. All we have is PVP, and if we have to fight ourselves, cloak vs. cloak is horrid.

If something has to change, let there be mixed teams canon be damned. Or probably a better solution would be to put cloak on a long cooldown timer, something like 10 minutes. Of course, if that happened, Klingons would need shields and hull that approach the levels feds get, because feds have better sheilds/hull to counter the cloak. But yeah, I could totally live with that. I would be better than ruining an entire faction.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-23-2010, 04:34 PM
You're worried about not having Federation players queueing for FvK if FvF becomes available; but I'm not queueing for FvK because FvF isn't available. As I described in detail - waiting what's often a MINIMUM of 30 minutes per game, and having no guarantee that you're even going to have an enemy team to play against, is not fun. I don't want to deal with that, so I don't queue anymore. If enough people play FvF that the FvK queue is no longer garbage, then I'll have no problem queueing for it again.

This discussion went on during beta, and I never saw one valid point presented by the often irrational "No FvF!" crowd. There were just baseless claims that it would somehow "kill" the Klingon faction - as if no Federation player would enter a FvK queue ever again, which is nonsense. If your queues aren't instant - oh well. I still doubt you'll be waiting anywhere near the length of time that Federation players wait now.

And please, don't start in with that, "but you can level in PvE!" stuff. It's quite obvious that some Federation players are attempting to level in PvP - if they weren't, you would be stuck doing KvK for your matches. If a Federation player is trying to level in PvP, it's annoying to start trying to do missions while waiting on the queue (excluding perhaps the exploration or sector defense ones). If queues come up during "normal" missions, the storyline gets interrupted, progress gets lost, and there's at least one mission that bugs out and becomes impossible to complete if you're at a certain stage (rescuing prisoners in the Bajoran Fire Caves).
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Bajoran Fire Caves isn't completely impossible, just next to impossible. I managed it with about 12-15 deaths with my tac captain. (Helpfully, when you die in the final boss room, you respawn IN the room with your team.)
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-23-2010, 06:41 PM
LoL the only way to fix fed pvp is FvF... Maybe more Klingons would be a better solution?
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Quote:
LoL the only way to fix fed pvp is FvF... Maybe more Klingons would be a better solution?
I'm sure if Cryptic had a magic wand they could wave that would magically make the population balance out, they'd use it. The best they can do is try to add content (which is supposed to be in the works) that will hopefully help alleviate population imbalances, but there will always be more Federation players than Klingon ones. Even if the Klingons had more/better content than the Federation, the population will still be lower; that's just the "nature of the beast" so to speak - there are more Picard/Kirk/Sisco/Janeway/Riker/Spock/etc...fans than there are Klingon Empire fans.

If the population gap were smaller (and it might be in the future), it may not be "necessary" to have FvF, but right now it is. It's simply unacceptable to get stuck with 30-60 minute queues where you may even end up in a map with no opponents (and therefore have to re-join another 30-60 minute queue, and possibly get 0 opponents again...)

Quote:
Bajoran Fire Caves isn't completely impossible, just next to impossible. I managed it with about 12-15 deaths with my tac captain. (Helpfully, when you die in the final boss room, you respawn IN the room with your team.)
Different bug. I was able to solo fine for the most part, and you can keep your Bridge Officers with you if you continually spam waypoints for them (sometimes takes a few attempts for them to move at all though).

The bug I was referring to happens if you exit the zone after rescuing one hostage without getting all five. After you get the very first one, you're marked as 1/5, and get a save point in that location. If you exit the area (ie, taking a PvP queue, or ISP disconnect) you'll reappear back at the location of that first hostage at 0/5, and the first guy won't be there. This means that you can only possibly rescue 4/5, and if you totally exit the zone and re-enter back at the beginning, there will be a firewall blocking your path, and I couldn't get it to go away like I did the first time through. I suppose I could complete the mission by dropping it and re-doing the first steps again, but that's still a pretty annoying side effect of trying to do something "productive" during really long queue waits.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maraculus View Post
Then add about 300 more Klingon Admirals and perhaps you are right, but as it is, the ratio at Admiral is abnout 100 to 1 for Feds. That means we sit in hte queue for hours just to get one mission.

That's why we need FvF. IT has nothing to do with Klingons other than a lack of them.
It has everything to do with Klingons. Simply put, only the hardcore PvPers who really love the Klingons are sticking around. There aren't enough of us. Because there isn't squat to do other than PvP, and believe it or not, it gets old after a while.

That's why there's hardly any KDF players.
That's why there's hardly any KDF players at Brigadier General.

If Cryptic got off their lazy ass*s to stop counting money for a while, and fix the KDF faction and give valid reasons for players to try the KDF and stick with it... then, and only then, can you see more Klingon players to fight against at Adm/BG.