Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41 Want to practice
02-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I've waited, on multiple occasions over multiple days, for more than 2 hours till I got a que. I want FvF for the sole reason of playing. Even if it's two separate games, then at least it's two games and not no games. I need to play PvP to get better at it, I don't get better by sitting on Risa dancing with vacationers. FvF would give me the ability to practice PvP WITH my squad (something I currently can not do). I don't want rewards, or badges, or exp, or anything in the form of compensation. I just want to play. I don't understand the dilemma, the code should be mostly if not all the way there. Just seems an obvious fix, if only a temporary one.

-Arn
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
(Re: Fire Cave Bug)
Aaaaaah. Man. Yeah, that was painful enough to do once...
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
i just got a chance to check relplies, and i have to say aside from the obvious one liner trolls more than a few ppl share my concern. I'm not running threough 5 pages of replies for all the quotes.

I really liked the idea that FvF offers no rewards and treat it like a duel. If cryptic ever (and i hpoe its coming soon) put in death penalties i could see the FvF pvp not being affected by that as well.

Also another person had a good point that since klink side is getting pve (granted we dont know how much) that kvk pvp was under the same restrictions. This I would also be more than willing to go along with.

Yes. i know how tiring KvK is since its all about catching the one guy that hasnt cloaked up at spawns. but with the overall mechanics of this game not resembling space so much as submarine/zeplin warfare (in space you can go past a 45 degree inclination so you dont have to spiral around to target above or below you). you'd have to expect that there is more hiding/sneaking/waiting in pvp. and naval combat of any kind is not an instant gratification one hit wonder deal.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-24-2010, 01:02 AM
As long we have to wait for 2 hours or more for a pvp match we really need FvF under the same condition then other pvp...
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Dravis
The fear is that FvF will detract from FvK.

Simple solution: offer lesser or different rewards for FvF than FvK.

For example, no skill points or merits for FvF.
Don't offer any rewards for FvF ....

Its just for 'fun' and practice.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Why so you still need to wait 2 hours for a battle and need days to get enough badges...

FvF needs to offer badges the same way like FvK does and it needs to count for the PVP daily
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
Gene Roddenberry I believe...
I don't remember the typical Klingon tucking tail and running, not very honorable. Yes they use the cloak for purposes of ambush but I can't recall a single time where they cloak in battle and run off.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-24-2010, 10:09 AM
So far have been logged in for over an hour, haven't managed a single PvP pop yet and looks like another night i dont get my PvP daily done due to no Kinks. We need FvF - Not all of us can stay logged in 2-3 hours to get a single pop of PvP, and at RA pvp is pretty much all there is to do.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-25-2010, 03:33 AM
After Klingons now not doing anything else then exploiting in pvp its another reason we need FvF pvp with normal rewards
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncho
After Klingons now not doing anything else then exploiting in pvp its another reason we need FvF pvp with normal rewards
Really exploiting in pvp? You sure they aren't just better than you?