Lt. Commander
As above, possible? as party in the same mission, same quest, beside mission n quest oso can train together?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Yes you can group up and do missions together. Space and Away missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Yes, as long as you both have the missions you can do them at the same time. So keep track of which missions you have been soloing so that they can solo them too as, unless my fiance did something wrong, you can't help someone if you have already done the mission in question as you can't enter the system without a mission *sigh*. Me and my fiance pretty much ended up soloing the game until we get a harder mission come up that he can't handle on his own easily and waits for me so that we can do it together but we play at different speeds so he would end up sitting around for days waiting for me to catch up but when we are level we do the missions together.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Actually, you normally can redo a previously completed mission. Simply team with the player who still has the mission active, and head to the relevant system. It should give you the option to "Continue XXX Chapter."

Similarly, you can team with someone to complete a mission that hasn't been given to you by your Admiral yet. The only catch? You'll have to redo it once it comes up in your own mission progression.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-El
Actually, you normally can redo a previously completed mission. Simply team with the player who still has the mission active, and head to the relevant system. It should give you the option to "Continue XXX Chapter."

Similarly, you can team with someone to complete a mission that hasn't been given to you by your Admiral yet. The only catch? You'll have to redo it once it comes up in your own mission progression.
I've tried this before and unless it was fixed, it put me in a different instance of the mission. That was when the person was already in the mission and invited me to help. However the next mission in another system we were in the same instance. So maybe it had to do with the person already in the mission on the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 07:24 AM
I was duo-ing with a friend for a lot of mixed missions; we found that it worked best if the one of us with the mission shared it with the other while both of us were still in sector space.

If one of us was already in the mission system, it was frequently difficult to join them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
If it is a story mission, you can "re-run" it by having the person with the quest share it with you. Doing a re-run episode gives reduced rewards as far as merits and skill points but you do not recieve any item rewards. Did this the other day with 2 lower level friends for a few story missions they had, skill point reward was about 1/4 to 1/3 normal, but it was still cool zipping around their T3s in my Defiant.

We tried to share patrols but that didn't work but I was still able to enter the zone with them. And if you are not close in level with your party member(s) do NOT try to do explores together, since they scale to the highest level member to zone in first or be present when waves spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 09:19 AM
What about Exploration missions?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I play with my friends and redo missions that one or the other has done fairly frequently.

Team up and have the person with the Mission go into the system, while you stay about a light year away.
Once they've entered the system, wait until you see an extra indicator saying Team:0 with the line/pointer attached to it, then head to the system and it should bring up the interact button for you to 'Enter the System', or 'Continue: MissionNameHere. '

As for Exploration missions, the person that goes in first might have to be in for up to a minute before it offers to share with the rest of the team. My friend and I often both enter a separate unexplored system and then decide which is the better mission. Once decided the mission that are tah suxorz is left and then after about 30 seconds they'll get a notification to join the other person. (usually in the smaller interact button space on the right)

Also, if one of you is much higher, I've found that doing the lower level missions with friends that you far out rank are best done in your lower tier ships. For instance as a Captain, when grouping with a friend that is Lt Cmdr, I go back to my Tier 2 ship. With the lower level ship, the enemies are usually no more than 2 levels above my friend, and -18 to -15 to me. But if I go in in my Tier 4 ship they're my level, and he gets smooooshed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahnzoog View Post
I play with my friends and redo missions that one or the other has done fairly frequently.

Team up and have the person with the Mission go into the system, while you stay about a light year away.
Once they've entered the system, wait until you see an extra indicator saying Team:0 with the line/pointer attached to it, then head to the system and it should bring up the interact button for you to 'Enter the System', or 'Continue: MissionNameHere. '

As for Exploration missions, the person that goes in first might have to be in for up to a minute before it offers to share with the rest of the team. My friend and I often both enter a separate unexplored system and then decide which is the better mission. Once decided the mission that are tah suxorz is left and then after about 30 seconds they'll get a notification to join the other person. (usually in the smaller interact button space on the right)

Also, if one of you is much higher, I've found that doing the lower level missions with friends that you far out rank are best done in your lower tier ships. For instance as a Captain, when grouping with a friend that is Lt Cmdr, I go back to my Tier 2 ship. With the lower level ship, the enemies are usually no more than 2 levels above my friend, and -18 to -15 to me. But if I go in in my Tier 4 ship they're my level, and he gets smooooshed.
The one I spoke of earlier I had the continue button and used it but it still put me in another instance. The mission had to kill a boss ship that I already done and the person did share it with me for lower rewards. Funny thing is since I was a few levels over him, I killed the ship in my instance but he struggled. When I did kill it, it gave him credit for the kill and we moved on to the next stop in the mission. The rest of the episode missions we were together. Just not the one where he was already in and then invited me to join him as he had problems.