Lt. Commander
So yesterday I noticed that my sci boff's vm III recharge was at 1 min 25 sec. When it had been only 45 secs a few days before. I have it ranked up to 9/9. Now before i get flamed on using this power, i dont pvp and normally only use it once maybe twice per combat encounter.

Anyway, I have a 2nd sci boff who had vm II (which she started with) in her cmd ability slot. It was unranked since she never uses that ability since the bridge officer slot she uses doesnt allow it. So i decided to do a little testing on it. VM II starts out with a recharge of 1 min 25 sec. Ranked up to 9/9 it drops to 45 sec, like most of the boff abilities. I had a rare sci boff with VM III, not being used so i had him train up my 2nd sci boff with vm II to vm III. (Just so we are clear I have 2 active sci officers 1 had vm III trained at 9/9 in the cmd slot, and another sci boff with vm II untrained 1/9). So after using my rare inactive sci boff to train my active 2nd sci boff in VM III, I compared the untrained VM III 1/9 to the trained VM III 9/9. There was no difference both have a recharge time of 1 min 25 sec. After then adding ranks to the untrained vm III the recharge timer did not reduce as it should have when ranking the skill up.

The only difference between VM II and VM III that I can see is a base of 2 secs on the hold. VM II has a base of 10 hold and VM III has a base of 12 hold. So even though there is basically an unlimited supply of boff skill points if this is not a bug then what is the point in getting VM III for those extra 2 secs? personally its just me but it just seems like a waste of points to even bother getting VM III and ranking it up since VM II has a shorter cool down and the extra 2 secs wont make a difference with a recharge of 1 min 25 secs.

So am i the only one who is having this issue or has anyone else noticed it besides me?

While i have no issue with lvl III abilities having a longer recharge then lvl II or I. It just seems that no reduction on the recharge after adding ranks to is not consisten with how the game was designed. So i felt it should be mentioned here. Giving others the chance to comment on this issue or to not spend the boff skill points on that ability since ranking it up doesnt nothing but waste points.

Hope i was clear in my explaination.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry I only read a small part of it.

No, you're not alone, everyone has this bug since beta, nothing is done and it seems nobody cares.

Right now VM II is better. But please post a bugreport, the more the better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Sorry I only read a small part of it.

No, you're not alone, everyone has this bug since beta, nothing is done and it seems nobody cares.

Right now VM II is better. But please post a bugreport, the more the better.
ohh i definately did post a bug report did it before starting this thread, always do, but with cryptics horrible reponse to tickets and general lack of fixing anything the players tell them is broken i figured is see if anyone else had noticed this but me. It was working for a while there as i had mentioned above that only a few days ago it had a 45 sec cd not 1 min 25 sec. Now it just appears to not reduce its cd when ranking it up.