Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
However, I do think that random mobs you have to fight or avoid are pretty standard MMO course.
I agree with you. I would just like the chance to actually DO that before being destroyed!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner087
I already do. I stopped doing them a while ago. They are the only time my ship blows up. Almost always the minute I zone in. I haven't done one in well over a week.

I too have reported it many times.
Thank you for saying that. I get tired of the trolls who just respond "don't AFK" when I'm obviously not.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Last night after finishing a DSE I was waiting around for it to restart. Last encounter took place just a little ways off from the spawn point by the poor dead Galaxy heh.

Anyway, as I waited around I saw the Super Fleet nearby ... I noticed it patrolled RIGHT across the spawn point. Back and forth .... right over that Galaxy. Every now and then someone would warp in ... there'd be a flurry of activity ... then a big POOF and then the fleet would continue onward....

If they would just move that patrol route, all would be better.

Lt. Commander
# 14
02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I still don't understand how people are getting instantly blown up when they get pulled into random encounters. As soon as you enter the instance, a dialogue box pops up with the options "continue" or "exit system". When you press "exit system", you know what it does? It makes you exit the system! Problem solved! If you manage to get destroyed in the time it takes for you to do it, you're in an area waaaay above your level, and you should be expecting that. Yes, the loading screens are annoying, but being accidentally pulled into a DSE has never cost me more than 30 seconds. If anything, I think there should be more of them, at least around the Federation/Klingon/Romulan borders.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Deep space encounters are great. I won't be boycotting them just because I occasionally get jumped when I spawn. I think it kind of adds to the excitement, besides those situations are fairly easy to handle (usually).

Also the loot drops are way too tempting to give up. You can make close to a mil on the exchange with drops from an hours worth of playing deep space encounters!
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2010, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGunner View Post
I still don't understand how people are getting instantly blown up when they get pulled into random encounters. As soon as you enter the instance, a dialogue box pops up with the options "continue" or "exit system". When you press "exit system", you know what it does? It makes you exit the system! Problem solved! If you manage to get destroyed in the time it takes for you to do it, you're in an area waaaay above your level, and you should be expecting that. Yes, the loading screens are annoying, but being accidentally pulled into a DSE has never cost me more than 30 seconds. If anything, I think there should be more of them, at least around the Federation/Klingon/Romulan borders.
This is the way I see it, I've never been blown up when I spawned near the flagship mob, not even once. Sure Cryptic should fix it eventually, but I don't see it as a high priority and I definitely don't see it as a reason to boycott anything.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Ok, you get blown up as soon as you spawn into the instance.

BUT!
There. Is. No. Death. Penalty!

Remember, that thing that every other post in the forum's about. Half of them screaming bloody blue murder that it shouldn't be changed, and half of them shouting their brains out that we need one.

Respawn, blow up the guys who "jumped you" continue with the mission, or leave. Simple as anything.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
I still don't understand how people are getting instantly blown up when they get pulled into random encounters. As soon as you enter the instance, a dialogue box pops up with the options "continue" or "exit system". When you press "exit system", you know what it does? It makes you exit the system! Problem solved! If you manage to get destroyed in the time it takes for you to do it, you're in an area waaaay above your level, and you should be expecting that.
Guess what? You don't know what you're talking about!

I've been jumped by 10+ Jem'hadar attack ships (basically runabouts) that are +0 as soon as I get in and died to them almost immediately.

I've been jumped by 6+ Miranda class frigates that are +1 and gotten immediately destroyed.

And of course as a previous poster pointed out, the Enemy Flaghship fleet sitting at the spawn will wreck anyone's day in a matter of seconds regardless of the level difference.

And know what happens when you press "exit system" in these cases? YOU DIE.

Doesn't matter if you die in the zone, outside of the zone, or while exiting the zone. You still get wrecked.

Do you think people are complaining about this for no good reason?

THERE'S A PROBLEM. FIGURE IT OUT FASTER.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah I've been hammered quiet a few times as soon as I spawned in.

Dialog pops up "Hey do you want to exit the system or not?" While AT THE SAME TIME the alarms are going off and disruptors are tearing into my shields. Combat is already under way while the dialogs are still opening.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2010, 09:36 AM
Quote:
If you're the only ship there, and it's the flagship fleet or the scimitar+friends, then it's possible to die. I was being fired on before the warping in cutscene finished playing and was being fired on during the warp out. I actually escaped it but when I loaded into sector space, my ship did the death roll/boom.

Yeah, no biggie because no DP, but no reason to have have a big enemy fleet right at the spawn point, and no I'm not boycotting anything, it's just something dumb that should be addressed.