Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
Ok, you get blown up as soon as you spawn into the instance.

BUT!
There. Is. No. Death. Penalty!

Remember, that thing that every other post in the forum's about. Half of them screaming bloody blue murder that it shouldn't be changed, and half of them shouting their brains out that we need one.

Respawn, blow up the guys who "jumped you" continue with the mission, or leave. Simple as anything.
I think the point trying to be made is that sometimes the mobs camp the spawn point. If you can't handle the damage upon repawning you get stuck in a cycle, until you are lucky enough to escape. Usually when someone new spawns and they begin to suffer instead.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
I for one am tired of getting jumped by a dozen ships the instance I zone into one of these and destroyed.

I have repeatedly reported this and asked for a fix since beta with no result.

Until Star Trek Online wakes up and fixes this problem I urge everyone to boycott Deep Space encounters. If you get sucked into one exit to sector space immediately.

I understand people think these attacking ships were placed there to stop AFK'ing. I don't really care about that, but I do care about being constantly jumped when I try to participate in one of these and if a boycott is what it's going to take to get this fixed, then I'm all for it.
I've been avoiding DSE's since Open Beta.

I've found them to be pretty fatalistic affairs, even without the "Warp in attacks" you get from them now. Usually you're either in a DSE alone or with one or two other people. Depending on their ranks, it's not enough to actually get it done anyway. The rare times there are enough people they typically fly off in divergent directions only to get slaughtered one by one. While the XP from them may be good, it's horribly inefficient to use them for leveling as well, since main-storyline missions and explorations are far easier to accomplish.

then there's the issue of getting "spawn stuck". Getting sucked into a DSE only to find yourself surrounded by +20 battleships, die instantly.. respawn.. die.. respawn.. die... etc.. etc... You have a very brief moment of invulnerability when you respawn and you have to click fast to get out of the loop. As long as the AI gank squads are camping the warp point, players should always be given a choice to enter a DSE or not.

I view DSE's as "group" content, since they tend to go a lot better if you pull together 3 - 5 friends and go in as a coordinated team.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah it's frustrating, but it doesn't happen to me every time I zone into a DSE. I've gotten the skills necessary to reposition and proceed to tank said 5 mobs and come out of it alive more than I insta-die. I may have no shields and barely any hull, but it's not impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Ok, you get blown up as soon as you spawn into the instance.

BUT!
There. Is. No. Death. Penalty!
The "death penalty" is aggravation and wasted time.

My time is the most precious commodity. I have a limited amount of it.

I play this game to have fun, not to get aggravated. Getting ganked by a dozen starships as soon as I get into a Deep Space Encounter is aggravating and a waste of my time.

Sure, once in awhile I could live with. The constant way it is now? Let's just say I ain't paying for it much longer.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannigan

I've found them to be pretty fatalistic affairs, even without the "Warp in attacks" you get from them now. Usually you're either in a DSE alone or with one or two other people. Depending on their ranks, it's not enough to actually get it done anyway. The rare times there are enough people they typically fly off in divergent directions only to get slaughtered one by one. While the XP from them may be good, it's horribly inefficient to use them for leveling as well, since main-storyline missions and explorations are far easier to accomplish.

then there's the issue of getting "spawn stuck". Getting sucked into a DSE only to find yourself surrounded by +20 battleships, die instantly.. respawn.. die.. respawn.. die... etc.. etc... You have a very brief moment of invulnerability when you respawn and you have to click fast to get out of the loop.

I view DSE's as "group" content, since they tend to go a lot better if you pull together 3 - 5 friends and go in as a coordinated team.
You shouldn't comment on something you haven't played since Open Beta. :p

I do them by myself regularly. Can be a little tricky (learned the hard way not to charge alone into a group of 3 Majestic Battleships + runabouts) but it's doable. Having 2 or 3 people you can typically take them apart.

They were ALOT harder in Open Beta.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
You want us to boycott being jumped like a narc at a biker ralley?

Ok.

I found this fairly humorous...lol
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannigan

then there's the issue of getting "spawn stuck". Getting sucked into a DSE only to find yourself surrounded by +20 battleships, die instantly.. respawn.. die.. respawn.. die... etc.. etc... You have a very brief moment of invulnerability when you respawn and you have to click fast to get out of the loop. As long as the AI gank squads are camping the warp point, players should always be given a choice to enter a DSE or not.

This person got it exactly right.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
The "death penalty" is aggravation and wasted time.

My time is the most precious commodity. I have a limited amount of it.

I play this game to have fun, not to get aggravated. Getting ganked by a dozen starships as soon as I get into a Deep Space Encounter is aggravating and a waste of my time.

Sure, once in awhile I could live with. The constant way it is now? Let's just say I ain't paying for it much longer.
Ok, so YOU shouldn't play DSE. They don't need to be changed for everyone because they don't work for YOUR play style. You might be better served playing Exploration missions, or queueing for PVP. (once there are actually, you know, Klingons)
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Kidding or not, you shouldn't tell people what to comment on or not.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:

I do them by myself regularly. Can be a little tricky (learned the hard way not to charge alone into a group of 3 Majestic Battleships + runabouts) but it's doable. Having 2 or 3 people you can typically take them apart.

They were ALOT harder in Open Beta.

I never said I didn't do them.. I said I view them as group missions. In short.. If I'm not grouped.. I'm zoning out. And yes there were a LOT harder in OB, but that doesn't make them any thing more to me than an uncoordinated waste of time as a solo effort.

and lastly forum police much?