Lt. Commander
# 41
02-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojon View Post
Hey, let's NOT PLAY this game and pay for it! What a concept!
Unless you play at some weird hours you should always have others in a DSE with you. If they gang **** you at the start just wait a few second for someone else to join to help even the odds. You seem like you'd need help anyway since you can't escape in the time before the spawn protection wears off.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
And why exactly would they fix it if people don't go there anymore?
if your mouse pointer is in the wrong area of the screen when you pass by one, you automatically get warped in there and in some cases the enemy is right in there when you enter and you are hit with a barrage of attacks. This has happened to me when I am flying across the quadrant and decide to fly slower so I have time to go get something to drink. Add a new DP and all of a sudden you have 100 of people complaining about the new DP (Death Penalty) because you get warped into places you really never intended to go.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
1) I like DSE's WHEN I CAN LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO PARTICIPATE.

2) It's something that needs to be fixed and I have a right to express that opinion. Why are you all about shutting down other people's opinions you don't like? What are you, some kind of liberal? :p
and I have th right to express my opinion that I don't agree with your opinion.

Wait, is that an opinion?

Maybe it's a position...

Can I have a right to a position?

now I'm all confused...
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Unless you play at some weird hours you should always have others in a DSE with you. If they gang **** you at the start just wait a few second for someone else to join to help even the odds. You seem like you'd need help anyway since you can't escape in the time before the spawn protection wears off.
You're kind of missing the point.

The point is the current situation is ridiculous and needs to be fixed/toned down/whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feor View Post
and I have th right to express my opinion that I don't agree with your opinion.

Wait, is that an opinion?

Maybe it's a position...

Can I have a right to a position?

now I'm all confused...
People are free to disagree.

What they aren't free to do is tell others to "shut up".
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Long live the Kobayashi Maru scenario!

It builds character!

How you face shameless start point ganking is as important as how you face scanning 6 plants in x planet, lieutenant. Dismissed.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Ah yes, the inevitable troll raises his head.

I'm surprised the thread got to 4 pages before they reacted.
Just matching my post quality to that of this thread ...

On that note - I suggest boycotting chick peas, they are neither chick's ... nor peas ....

EDIT: One can have an opinion yes, and it can be my opinion, that your opinion ... sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-23-2010, 09:56 AM
proly been mentioned but since dying doesn't matter, why would you waste our time with this post? When I go into aan encounter I hit evasive maneuvers before they open fire to get out of range and plan the attack. Feels realistic to jump right into the fray, if you cant use your abilities to get out of the way, that's your problem. I like the challenge more than jumping in and flying fror a minute or two to the first hairball.

DeRavi
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-23-2010, 10:09 AM
The cause of all of the griefing is a Flagship group patrol which just happens to cross the player spawn point on the DSE maps. Remove the patrol or alter its path to get no nearer than 12 km the spawn point. Problem solved.

Q.E.D.

Edit. And if they ever all a real death penalty, this above had better be done before the penalty is implemented. Otherwise players will howl in protest and/no not come near DSEs again. (I'll be one of the first to do both.)
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-23-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm confused...

Have you played other MMOs? In those, did you set yourself on autorun and then complain when a roaming enemy jumps you?

If you're going to wander through the wilderness, you need to pay attention if you want to avoid getting jumped by enemies.

Now I understand that having the flagship fleet camp the spawn-in point is kind of irritating, and I'd like that particular item to be fixed, but there's no real death penalty in the game, so just chalk it up as an incentive to avoid the DSEs which is not really that hard if you're paying attention.