Lt. Commander
# 1 GM's Response
02-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Ok mabey i am a dumb ass and got stuck but how long does it take to get a gm's help to get me unstuck? i tried /unstuck and /killme as well as dropping the mission and logging out and back in with no luck with any of it. anyone else have any advice
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majontie View Post
Ok mabey i am a dumb ass and got stuck but how long does it take to get a gm's help to get me unstuck? i tried /unstuck and /killme as well as dropping the mission and logging out and back in with no luck with any of it. anyone else have any advice
Good luck with that, I have never had a GM unstick me. If they /stuck does not work I usually just exit and re-enter the mission, or log off and then on again.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Not trolling you, but...
02-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majontie View Post
I think the command is actually /stuck ...

And if all else fails, I try to beam out, exit to Sector Space or even /logout and /quit and come back later.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 08:26 AM
When I was stuck, GM responded promptly, of course I didn't need a GM at that time, I just left the match.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook0024
When I was stuck, GM responded promptly, of course I didn't need a GM at that time, I just left the match.
This is what happened to me yesterday. I'd given up beamed out.

Took the GM maybe 20 mins.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 08:59 AM
/stuck has worked for me
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 09:40 AM
I spawned on a nav beacon after finishing a ground portion and couldn't get out with /stuck. I tried logging off and that didn't work. GM responded in about 15 minutes and suggested I abort mission and start over, to which I said no thanks, it was a longer mission and I really did not want to do any ground missions more than I had to, so he asked me if he could blow me up. Fortunately, that worked and I spawned at a different spot and I was able to finish the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleysRule
I spawned on a nav beacon after finishing a ground portion and couldn't get out with /stuck. I tried logging off and that didn't work. GM responded in about 15 minutes and suggested I abort mission and start over, to which I said no thanks, it was a longer mission and I really did not want to do any ground missions more than I had to, so he asked me if he could blow me up. Fortunately, that worked and I spawned at a different spot and I was able to finish the mission.
As someone who has worked as a GM for several MMO I have to say... w.t.f. The devs didn't give the GMs the ability to teleport someone? He had to /kill you? FAIL.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenPryde View Post
As someone who has worked as a GM for several MMO I have to say... w.t.f. The devs didn't give the GMs the ability to teleport someone? He had to /kill you? FAIL.
That is a fail.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenPryde View Post
Well since death penalty doesn't exists theres no big difference in teleporting and blowing up, besides who would teleport people if he just can blow them up. GM's need to have some fun with their jobs too, better than bored out gms that aren't really motivated to do there, sometimes probably pretty anoying, job.

But then again I don't think being GM for STO is that much fun.