Lt. Commander
I just don't get it. Why can't I turn while I'm targeting on the ground. My character can only strafe left and right. Shouldn't we be able to turn. I asked about this multiple times in CB and OB when I though it was my key binds. Now on live I still can't turn while targeting. Anyone know if it's me or if it's something that supposed to be that way for what ever reason?

Side note --> I really would like ground auto fire.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2010, 07:50 AM
I'd imagine its because there isnt an animation for firing backwards.

I havent checked to see if there are any options to change how that works though.

As for auto-fire.. that was taken out during beta. Not sure why exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2010, 07:51 AM
There is an option that says "always face your target" or something like that under ground controls (it was there in beta, have not been able to play recently). If you disable that, it will allow your character to turn when you have a target.

I think they have it so you always face your target and don't get flanked by your target.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I tried to change some options, but I still strafe and don't turn. It makes it get REALLY annoying when you can't maneuver around corners right. That also mean I can't target and position myself to flank. I'be bugged this multiple times too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I agree with the OP. There have been times when an enemy will run past me to attack an away-team member and I want to turn and give them a flank attack. What I end up doing is changing my camera view with the mouse so that person is now in front of me. Even then, sometimes when I go to attack, I end up turning and attacking someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Due to the lack of response I suppose it's meant to be this way. It's sad I got so used to being able to turn around in every other MMO I've played. Though not a deal breaker, it is a true annoyance. I'm going to post every once in a while until I see some sort of result from this I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes please some dev response to this issue. This inability to turn while targeting is a big bummer for me. I can't believe this is intended. If so, let's have a coffee and talk it over for a few weeks. Anyway, I think it was actually working properly for a weekend at the end of cb before the ob patch. Hugs and beer. Yardbird
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
/bumping in case there's actually a dev who will respond to this... hahhahahaaa...hhhee....sigh
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2010, 11:30 PM
This is driving me crazy too. Pretty sure I played with the "always face your target" option and it still didn't do what I want. The current ground camera is totally non-intuitive to me, and completely different than any other MMO I've played (quite a few, including WoW for a long while). Please give me an option to lock the camera behind my character, and allow me to turn/strafe/etc the same with a target and without.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Ground Camera BAD
02-11-2010, 01:11 PM
You obviously haven't played the mission where an admiral comes with you. She stands right behind you during combat and all you can see is her rear end. I spent the whole ground mission jerking the camera to the side to see around her.

Yes, someway to lock the freaking camera is needed. I dread ground missions because I have to fight the camera to see the game.

Esidrix

Wow - I posted this as a reply to a differnt thread, at least they were related...