Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
It's frustrating to be camped by enemy NPC's. Please have them avoid spawn locations, even if being kited by player ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
NPC in deep space encounter at spawn point are anoying like hell. I was unable to leave to sector space around 3 minutes after fight just because I was instantly killed before I was able to hit "Leave Secor" button!

In battle progress is bad as well often I'm unable to rejoin my team mates just because before I hit impulse after I did respawn I'm attacked by NPC gank squad at respawn point.

There is another issue with deep space encounters too:

1st) I'm automaticly zoned into fight without qny question when I travel sector space.
2nd) when I'm in encounter and another player jion during fight it seems system does spwan more NPC ships, problem is there spawns are random and I had couple of times new spawn just top over my head, result was predicable (I'm killed nad need respawn).

I think these issues need urgent look into as deep space encounters being more dificult with more NPC ships.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Not for nothing but this issue has been around since early beta. It should have been fixed by now!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Yes I second this. Please fix it Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 12:40 AM
they are easy to beat
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
I have to admit it is annoying as hell and I was about to report it myself as a bug but then I thought about it. If this were Star Trek and if it were real life encounters do you think the enemy would obey spawn points. Sure it is annoying as hell but it is fun to fight your way out of it. I can usually escape if need be. I set my energy allocation to engines set my engines to full and use evasive manuvers and once the enemy is behind me I allocate shields to aft and run like hell. I usually come back around and try to pick off the ships one by one. It is rare that I get destroyed as this manuever has worked for me rather nicely. I did however get my butt handed to me yesterday. I had too many enemies surrounding me and I couldnt get my speed up fast enough before they had my shields down and took me out.

But it was fun!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 01:09 AM
There is your death penalty
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxide
they are easy to beat
You're an idiot or a troll. Which is it?

You can't defeat a dozen warships camping the spawn. Figure it out, troll.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
WHY ISN'T THIS FIXED YET?

I don't pay to have to wait for respawns just because some random encounter sucks me in and I immediately get jumped by a DOZEN NPC warships!

FIX THIS ALREADY.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2010, 09:16 AM
they added these spawns to kill the AFK'ers that just sat there waiting on other players to complete the mission for them.

Plus, the flagship spawn only shows up when the session is complete. Simple answer is, AFK somewhere safe in sector space.