Lt. Commander
# 1 Mission Ideas
02-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I have been playing Star Trek Online for a month now, it has the potential of becoming of the best MMO's out there. Especially when it comes to the mission's and storyline development. I don't know what Cryptic has in mind for the next storyline, but I would give them some ideas.

1) I would like for them to do a story base off of ST:TNG episode Conspiracy which they never build on or answer in the Star Trek world and I think it would make an excellent storyline for Star Trek Online. For all the Star Trek fans, you know what I'm talking, for those who haven't seen that episode, I say find it and watch it. Trust me, once you've seen it you will agree that it will make a great storyline.

2) I also think it would make a very interesting mission(s) to lbe stranded in a distant part of galaxy like Voyager, cut off. Instead of trying to find a way home, your trying to find material and equipment to fix your transwarp drive to get back. Along the way you encounter hositle aliens, new technology and etc. I think this will give you the real Star Trek feel of exploring and discovering at the same time give you some action to keep it exciting.

Well that's 2 ideas I got so far, I'll have more and post them later. In the meantime, post your ideas of a mission that you would like to see in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-22-2010, 07:24 PM
1. K

2. I don't think this would be a good idea. Not only do I think that you're misunderstanding the transwarp system (which utilizes hubs, which starfleet needs to build), but having EVERYONE at some point encounter a quest when they're lost somewhere, and are trying to get back... well... that makes the whole this a bit dull and unrealistic. Later in the game, when we get to begin exploration of the delta quadrant, I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to be far from home.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
1. K

2. I don't think this would be a good idea. Not only do I think that you're misunderstanding the transwarp system (which utilizes hubs, which starfleet needs to build), but having EVERYONE at some point encounter a quest when they're lost somewhere, and are trying to get back... well... that makes the whole this a bit dull and unrealistic. Later in the game, when we get to begin exploration of the delta quadrant, I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to be far from home.
yea, after thinking about it, it would be a complicated mission to do.

I have 2 more ideas.

1) I would see them do a follow-up to Tin Man.

2) Probably do one with the return of V'ger.