Lt. Commander
I shelved the game after open beta and a few days after public launch because I was very much disattisifed with it. Just wondering if any improvements have been made to make this feel more like a real MMORPG and not so "instanced"

thanks in advance for replies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 06:11 AM
It will always be instanced in the way it is. If that violates your idea of what a MMORPG is supposed to be you probably will never have interest in STO. In my opinion, that really is a poor reason to permanently shelf STO. That being said, I would give it another month before trying it again. The "45 day patch" going in approximately 24 days from now. That would give the team time to iron out any bugs that might crop up due to that patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdog
I shelved the game after open beta and a few days after public launch because I was very much disattisifed with it. Just wondering if any improvements have been made to make this feel more like a real MMORPG and not so "instanced"

I guess the answer is depdends. Yes it has improved. No its not less instanced. One can not simply remove them. The game was designed around them. So the answer is yes and no.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 06:17 AM
I think in terms of server and game stability its improved. The gameplay itself is more or less unchanged.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdog

Well, since you are still on your free month, why don't you just log in and see things first hand?
This way you can make your own call on whether you like it now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 06:33 AM
I cannot say. I did not do beta. But this is a very good game. Well laid out, good execution of missions, and game play. Yes there are some minor issues such as certain missions being too easy for Captain and Admiral level, but that is a content issue which is growing as the game goes along.

As for instances, are you for real? That is a much better system them multiple servers. Granted, once Cryptic grows its server base for each game, the instances will become more stable - as they have over the past week or so. Instances, in my opionin, is a much better then having to jump from server to server where the population of the server can fluctuate over time, or so over crowded you have no choice but to go to a less populated server.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 06:56 AM
Nothings changed since Open Beta except a few costume fixes.

Borg space is open now but if you're like me you'll be done with it for good two hours later at the most.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 07:28 AM
I think lots have changed since CB/OB and I'm pleased with the games progress.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
I think in terms of server and game stability its improved
Maby because so many are leaving the game has anything to do with it?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Is it any better, no. Is it any worse, no. Will it get any better, no. Will it get any worse, no. It simply is what it is and that is about it.