Lt. Commander
# 1 Crystalline Entity JOKE!!!!!!!
02-23-2010, 03:03 AM
So I hopped on STO earlier today to kill some time after class. I headed over to the Crystalline Entity and decided to play it.

What I thought was gonna be only about 20~40 mins took over an hour. And I didn't even finish the damn thing.

You wanna know why? Well I'll tell you.. our fleet had the snowflake ******* down to 8% and then he suddenly vanishes. I thought, "No fkin way did this boss just vanish after an hour and a half of pew pew pew pew pew"

To the ENTIRE zone's dismay, the Crystalline Entity re-appeared back in its respawn point, all the way at 100% health.

My jaw dropped.

How the hell can you kite and then reset a mob in an INSTANCED situation? If this were an open world deal, I could understand, but none exist in STO.

So, Cryptic, WTF?????
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 03:18 AM
The entity moves very slow, I'm not even sure you can kite it, and it sounds to me like you might have been the victims of a bug of some sort.

As for spending an hour and a half and not getting it down I find surpirsing. especially if you did it with your fleet and not randoms
I did it about a week ago myself and saw it go down 4 times in an hour.
Scramble sensors is your friend here, use it on the Entity (not the shards) and it will make all the shards stop moving for the duration of the effect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 03:22 AM
it was the folks that kept getting killed by fragments and then having the boss regenerate that lengethend the scenario.

Normally I'd just switch instances when I perceive the ppl in it to be non-team players, but I'd already been DPSing the hell out of it for at least 30 minutes, so didn't seem like a good idea then to switch...

/sigh.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 03:29 AM
AAAARGH! A bug!!! Squash it, squash it!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Well, I'm disappointed.
None of those are funny. Here are some of mine.

q: Where does the Crystaline Entity sleep?
a: Any where it wants to.

q: Did you hear about the Federation Tactical Weapons Expert?
a: He never forgets a phaser!

When the Melkotians beamed Kirk, Spock, Chekov, and McCoy down to the recreation of the OK Corral, none of the officers knew how to use the old-style six-guns. You see, they came from a time when no man had guns before.

When the ENTERPRISE crew beamed down to the Guardian of Forever, Dr. McCoy refused to go through.
"You're all the same," he grumbled, "In one era and out the other."

Harry Mudd was arrested and charged with fraud for selling maps to the Fountain of Youth. When computer records were checked, it was discovered he had been arrested for the same offense in 1716, 1986, 2005, and Stardate 25.8.

q: What do you call it when two science bridge officers are having an argument?
a: Science Friction.

Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrrom View Post
it was the folks that kept getting killed by fragments and then having the boss regenerate that lengethend the scenario.

Normally I'd just switch instances when I perceive the ppl in it to be non-team players, but I'd already been DPSing the hell out of it for at least 30 minutes, so didn't seem like a good idea then to switch...

/sigh.
Can we switch instances again?