1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature. a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
3. Socratic irony.
4. dramatic irony.
5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this.
7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.
This is irony.
If someone gives a the game a second shot but does it in a time frame that is not to your liking...this isn't ironic. If people think that KOTOR online is gonna be better than STO because to them STO was a huge...REDICULOUSLY bad game with little to no redemption....THAT is not ironic...
If someone doesn't like something you do, but likes something relatively simular alternatively....THIS IS NOT IRONIC!!!!
And this post...as you may end up calling it for spam purposes...isn't ironic.