Lt. Commander
# 1 9500gt
02-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.6
4 gbs ram
2 geforce 9500gt set for sli
700w power supply

Was just playing when all of a sudden all of the vegetation on the planet I was on started pulsing with various colors. Shortly after this started, the game completely pixelated beyond recognition and crashed. Rebooted, check bios CPU temp and said that temp was 38 C. Don't know if that's high. Did not feel hot to the touch though. Using thermaltake silent 775d for heat sink. That good? Any ways, input? Ideas what happened?
Lt. Commander
# 2 Update
02-23-2010, 09:49 PM
To add to first post.

Have yet to successfully keep game running for more than 10 minutes now. System keeps having a driver fail and then start back up. This is causing the game to black out, stall, glitch, lose cursor, frames become pixelated. At one point my cursor would change into the picture for the ship phaser item icon when mousing over enemy. After about 10 minutes the system blue screens talking about nvlddmkm.sys. Don't know what that is. This is on Win7 64 bit system.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 10:02 PM
To me it sounds like your FX card is crashing, but what would I know, I am not a technician.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2010, 06:50 AM
GPU temp has be staying around the 40 to 45 range for past 20 hours even when trying to play heavy games. When I try to play lower games, like Diablo 2, not one problem. Would assume overheating is at least ruled out now. Further research has shown me that this issue is generic to many people not just Star Trek. Something about adjusting TDR in Win7 so it will quit resetting the driver. Any body have any other ideas?