Lt. Commander
# 21
02-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaashar View Post
Ditto, since the 'alpha strike' change in OB to be precise.

Even before that I rarely died.
Wasn't that all DSEs anyway? Even in OB before easy mode patch 3 BoPs (+1) couldn't kill me with an alpha strike. 3 Negh'vars in a DSE was a different story.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoojo
I was just curious if things changed later on, as I am not very high in level.
personally i found the romulans, remans and hirogen the hardest enemies so far (just reached RA3, not headed to borg space yet though) had one or two unlucky deaths to those factions. As for the cardassians and jem hadar, i found myself reaching for science team a little more often and was forced to play with shield distribution but i didn't die to them at all... yet.

Can still count the number of solo deaths since launch on 3 fingers. The DSEs though are a different story until you learn to either warp out or change instance in the few seconds you get before the first group destroy you
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Just curious if anyone has had a death doing a mission solo.
A couple times, most notably at the beginning of OB and once since when I did the M' (in the phi canis sector) sideways map. I died there like 8 or 9 times as the respawn point was in the middle of a fleet of ships. I waited for them to leave after the 9th time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2010, 12:59 PM
A few times due to bad judgement.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Yes
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Just curious if anyone has had a death doing a mission solo.
Yes.

Blablabla. Sorry, had to add something more as message had to be at least 10 characters long.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Only in a DSE against a Flagship spawn camp...oh, and once or twice when I did a fleet action that was +10 with my guild.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Only while zoning into a Deep Space Encounter and having a flagship and its buds have me half killed by the time my screen loads.

I have been getting closer to dieing in ship combat lately though. But thats more due to me not even bothering to reinforce shields, or keep facing their weakened shield. Basically the only time I get remotely close to death (AKA My shields are getting red and I have some hull damage) is when I don't put any effort into the fight. And I still win.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Once, while I was afk.

And that was the only afk I ever died. I am afk most of the time while logged in to STO, usualy the enemies die anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
biggest problem i have these days is exploding borg cubes.. i just cant get away from the blast fast enough

and the doomsday machine, when that blows up.

now if only they'd increase the frequency of enemy ships using special abilities like you'd get from Boffs. i see HY torps once in a while, maybe a tractor beam or some science ship abilities from the romulan D'deridix classes, and photonic fleet from the keldon class cardy ships, but thats about it.

the damage back and forth is about right, the difference is we use our abilities, they really dont often, if at all.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2010, 01:13 PM
Not counting intentional....nope.