Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
That is it? All this nerf cry for 4 seconds?

Maybe PvP all together needs a pass to make it last a bit longer, If people think that 4 seconds is an eternity then it means that PvP mechanics simply last too short a time and people are exploding too fast which in the long run is not fun...in a game...not many like to be one shoted without having had the opportunity to retaliate.
That's not it.

That was my 'revisioning of it'

right now it's a one shot deal that takes full effect.

My idea was to make it effective yet not overpowered.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
That is it? All this nerf cry for 4 seconds?

Maybe PvP all together needs a pass to make it last a bit longer, If people think that 4 seconds is an eternity then it means that PvP mechanics simply last too short a time and people are exploding too fast which in the long run is not fun...in a game...not many like to be one shoted without having had the opportunity to retaliate.
4 sec? how about 35
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-23-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm a science captain, and I agree the duration needs to be capped vs players. It should last no more than 8 or 9 seconds. It should also give you a 45 seconds immunity to it and Viral Matrix (and Viral Matrix should confer an immunity to subnucleanoic beam).

However what I would personally prefer above changing individual skills, is a flat 75% hull and shields bonus so ships are less easily destroyed and skills have by extension less effect.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
That is it? All this nerf cry for 4 seconds?

Maybe PvP all together needs a pass to make it last a bit longer, If people think that 4 seconds is an eternity then it means that PvP mechanics simply last too short a time and people are exploding too fast which in the long run is not fun...in a game...not many like to be one shoted without having had the opportunity to retaliate.
Someone's never seen the 22 second subnucleonic beam. Yes, 22 seconds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-23-2010, 04:30 PM
how about we make it a debuff that can be cured by science team? that would go along way towards not sucking that badly
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
how about we make it a debuff that can be cured by science team? that would go along way towards not sucking that badly
Trouble is, things are rapidly moving toward you needing multiple sci teams to deal with all these debuffs. Viral matrix, scramble sensors, jam targetting and now SubNucleonic Beam, quite possibly all coming from the same ship, and with sci team only removing one debuff (when the tooltip suggests it should remove multiple) and sending all teams on a 20 second cooldown
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
how about we make it a debuff that can be cured by science team? that would go along way towards not sucking that badly
it can be, problem is your science team goes onto the same cooldown so its pointless...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulgur
Trouble is, things are rapidly moving toward you needing multiple sci teams to deal with all these debuffs. Viral matrix, scramble sensors, jam targetting and now SubNucleonic Beam, quite possibly all coming from the same ship, and with sci team only removing one debuff (when the tooltip suggests it should remove multiple) and sending all teams on a 20 second cooldown
Perhaps fewer debuffs and more buffs/support/anti-buff powers?

Having PvP revolve around debuffs is probably not a good thing...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
If this were a BO power like Viral Matrix I would not care if Science Team countered it, but since it is a Science class skill I really do not like the idea of it being so easily countered.

I do not consider a SNB that can be completely negated by any scrub with an Ensign Science team skill (which most everyone has at this point) to be on par with something like EPS, which is a "buff" and cannot be "countered" or wasted. As a science captain (actually I have one of each) I would feel that this would be a nearly worthless L18 ability, and if given the option I would rather just have the power completely changed.

Granted if nerfed as suggested, it would still work on newer players, and it could be used in conjunction with other powers to try and force a Science Team cooldown, but that is about it. And frankly, having to waste abilities to try and force opponents to waste counters just so you can land a different ability is just annoying.

Things will soon be getting particularly out of hand with Science Team if we keep adding things on the big huge list of things it counters.

How about Engineering team giving the target ship the ability to bypass all of those stacked engineering buffs on other ships. Certainly all of those engineers could figure out how to do it. That would only be fair, yes? Science team negating all science powers and BOffs; Engineering team negating all Engineering powers and BOffs.!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortechs View Post
If this were a BO power like Viral Matrix I would not care if Science Team countered it, but since it is a Science class skill I really do not like the idea of it being so easily countered.

I do not consider a SNB that can be completely negated by any scrub with an Ensign Science team skill (which most everyone has at this point) to be on par with something like EPS, which is a "buff" and cannot be "countered" or wasted. As a science captain (actually I have one of each) I would feel that this would be a nearly worthless L18 ability, and if given the option I would rather just have the power completely changed.

Granted if nerfed as suggested, it would still work on newer players, and it could be used in conjunction with other powers to try and force a Science Team cooldown, but that is about it. And frankly, having to waste abilities to try and force opponents to waste counters just so you can land a different ability is just annoying.

Things will soon be getting particularly out of hand with Science Team if we keep adding things on the big huge list of things it counters.

How about Engineering team giving the target ship the ability to bypass all of those stacked engineering buffs on other ships. Certainly all of those engineers could figure out how to do it. That would only be fair, yes? Science team negating all science powers and BOffs; Engineering team negating all Engineering powers and BOffs.!
I somewhat agree. Lets start threads to advocate nerfing other officers.

I would like: It to be SIMPLE to remove RSP chained together by BOP's and engi's in cruisers/carriers. I would also like it to be SIMPLE to remove FBP from klingons because it so one-sided against the federation (since only one fed class gets to use cannons). I want to be able to DEBUFF rapid fire and attack pattern alpha/omega from Tac guys too.

....seriously guys, wtf is the point to the different classes if all you do is whine to get sci nerfed. Do you understand how powerful Engineers are when they simply rotate shields or, god forbid, Miracle worker? Do you realize how powerful it is when a Tactical officer can disengage AT WILL from a fight and get out of range........let alone Attack Pattern Alpha's INSANE damage buffs on a short CD. Science Officers NEED those skills to be viable just to have a change against the kind of dps of tac or survival of Engi's. Do you guys ever think things through? Grow up.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 AM.