Lt. Commander
# 1 Boarding Party
02-23-2010, 01:32 PM
What, exactly, does this power do?

So I hit my target with 1/2/3 shuttles. What happens to them?

I feel like the effect is a 1 second loss of power in random subsystems but I'm not sure about that. It doesn't seem to be worthwhile, whatever it's doing. It doesn't apply any sort of debuff icon to the target.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
I too would like to know. I have this ability on my cruiser, and I don't really see that much of a difference.
Some sort of info on what the behavior of the skill is, or what the boarding party is doing would be greatly appreciated.

As for right now, I may just swap it out for auxiliary to structural integrity, which I can say is an extremely helpful self hull repair skill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Realized there was a KvK open PvP/PvE area so I was able to test it.

The target reported that the boarding parties basically made his hotkey bar "go crazy" for about 12 seconds, applying random, short cooldowns to everything.

So it's kind of like an engineering Viral Matrix except it doesn't last nearly as long, it's easy to defend against and the delivery system flies slower than most ships...

Neat ability to some extent but rather underwhelming.

Also, one of the launches stopped in space for no apparent reason. All 3 shuttles just stopped moving and sat there until he killed them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 10:56 PM
I have been using Boarding Party for the first time since early beta, and I am LOVING it. This is such an evil ability. Assuming your shuttles connect, for about 20 seconds or so, they wreak havok on the enemy ship, as well as kill enemy crew.

It is like having all subsystem targeting abilities rolled into one, and then some. I have only been using it in PvE on my Fed so far, but seriously considering adding it to my Klingon for use in PvP. Its such a nasty, but under-rated ability.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vobe
I have been using Boarding Party for the first time since early beta, and I am LOVING it. This is such an evil ability. Assuming your shuttles connect, for about 20 seconds or so, they wreak havok on the enemy ship, as well as kill enemy crew.

It is like having all subsystem targeting abilities rolled into one, and then some. I have only been using it in PvE on my Fed so far, but seriously considering adding it to my Klingon for use in PvP. Its such a nasty, but under-rated ability.
I didnt have any crew loss, but I dont know what rank Slamz was using on me.

No Slamz it was more like subnuecelonic beam, putting skills on cooldown, not graying them out like viral.

So if you are a tactical or engy and want ability like SNB, try boarding party!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
nice info. I've been wanting to test this ability out. I may ahve to give it a try. I pve only.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-26-2010, 03:44 PM
I have used this skill and found it lacking. I know how effective it can be. When the AI used it on me, nothing work for like ten minutes. Granted the AI hit me with twice (6 shuttles) rather quickly. I have never been able to have any where near as powerful an effect when I use it. There maybe a few seconds (3-5) of inactivity, but that is it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
What, exactly, does this power do?

So I hit my target with 1/2/3 shuttles. What happens to them?

I feel like the effect is a 1 second loss of power in random subsystems but I'm not sure about that. It doesn't seem to be worthwhile, whatever it's doing. It doesn't apply any sort of debuff icon to the target.
I will tell you exactly what they do. They fly out there and if they dont get shot down they slap into the enemy shields like bugs on a windshield. Full description of boarding party