Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
It was running beautifully before the patch today, everything completely at max. Now it seems that textures such as asteroids kill my framerate.

I have the newest 10.2 drivers released by ATi on 2/17. I had no problems before this patch. Now, it makes heavy asteroid systems perform horribly.

My gear:
AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz
4 GB RAM
Win 7 Pro 64

It is newly built and I keep a clean system. Anyone else having similar issues today?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Im having similar problems. My comp is brand new today. : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz, 2668 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series 1 gig of video ram, 3 gigs of 1333 mghz ram

I'm having shadowing issues. If i turn the shadowing down to low it mostly clears up except around alot of particle effects, but I get terrible artifacts around the edges if shadowing is on medium. my old comp ran it slower, but without any artifacts even in high particle effect areas.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Now that you say that, I forgot to mention that today I noticed on a ground mission that shadows in the corridors were awful. I was chasing a dark boundary ahead of me about ten feet the whole time, as if they aren't being drawn correctly.

It's looking like this patch needs a patch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Sorry for bump but im having the same issue here with my ATI 5850 and 10.3 drivers. Throw us a bone cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I've seen this happening as well. Alt-Tab out and back in often helps. Specs listed in sig.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_moshpit View Post
I've seen this happening as well. Alt-Tab out and back in often helps. Specs listed in sig.
i love you... so much.... sorry but that worked for me thanks much!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loftis02 View Post
i love you... so much.... sorry but that worked for me thanks much!
I'm glad it did. Standard fix for unexplained performance drops in newly released games that are unoptimized in the driver. Cryptic needs to fix the issue itself, but AMD also needs to update our video drivers with optimizations for STO. Plus, I want a CrossfireX profile for STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Ditto
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I am seeing alot of graphic issues. Usually on warp in to a sector. My ship appeared as a block once my navigational defection looks like it has texture tearing but only on spawn in.

Ground Work is also screwed up I notice a frame drop everytime my guys leg goes back al the way when he runs. Also I can see off color pixels around him.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benquin
I am seeing alot of graphic issues. Usually on warp in to a sector. My ship appeared as a block once my navigational defection looks like it has texture tearing but only on spawn in.

Ground Work is also screwed up I notice a frame drop everytime my guys leg goes back al the way when he runs. Also I can see off color pixels around him.
Some more details would help. System specs are good place to start. Video card, CPU, ram, etc...
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-05-2010, 06:12 PM
I have a 5850 and have it running properly on max settings with dynamic lighting enabled , 8x AA , 16x AF and all sliders to maximum except one

The setting which fixes the issue for me is "max shadowed lights" , set that to 2 instead of 3

this is running the latest 10.3b catalyst drivers which can be downloaded from http://sites.amd.com/US/UNDERGROUND/...3-preview.aspx

The /showfps 1 and /fpsgraph 1 command are usefull in determining what is causing any stalling

Try it and see if it works for you