Lt. Commander
# 31
02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QLanatir
Im from Germany. Make it Schnitzel and Beer, and we are set. No Dorritoes and Mountain Dew here. And our social welfare system is good enough to provide money for all of us who are too lazy to work. Any more questions?
Any openings there?

I'd like to get paid for playing STO.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Im Captain and I skip whole days of playing. Lately I play for an hour a day. Because I dont want to reach the end. If I actually TRIED at all Id have been at Admiral easy a week ago. I spend most of my time just dinking around on the forums instead.

Im actually doing everything I can NOT to level. If you've been playing for 3 hours a night since headstart then you are leveling very slowly. Sorry.
Well, I do tend to spend most of the time searching for teams to play with, because I can't stand playing a multiplayer game like it's a solo game. Maybe that is my problem. I try to play it like it's an MMO, regardless of how lower level another player's mission is. Plus, I actually try to interact with other players, which is still difficult when I take my time.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Well, I do tend to spend most of the time searching for teams to play with, because I can't stand playing a multiplayer game like it's a solo game. Maybe that is my problem. I try to play it like it's an MMO, regardless of how lower level another player's mission is. Plus, I actually try to interact with other players, which is still difficult when I take my time.
Ah, well that explains it. I've been soloing mostly.
Lt. Commander
# 34
I did an impromptu study on sunday, just checking zones to see which ones were the busiest. The lower level zones tended to have more people in each instance than the higher ones (gamma orionis especially). So while the 1% number might be a bit of wishful thinking, the heavy HEAVY majority of the user-base hasn't hit Beta Ursae yet.
Lt. Commander
# 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabasquaia View Post
Wait. Cryptic is claiming only 1% of the population is at max level? Are they saying that 1% of all characters made are at max level? Are they including all people who canceled their account/stopped playing while their 1 month runs out?

There is no way only 1% of active players are at max level. You could hit max level sneezing.
I think "played in the past month" is a reasonable qualification for active player though. Anyway, cut it some slack . Reminding me of the folks griping about how fast it is to get to level 90 in another game .
Lt. Commander
# 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I read the original statement about hitting 1 million. It said 1 million registered accounts, it never said anything about subscriptions.
Yes, but it was misleading to say the least. They released that info right at launch, right? Everyone thought they were talking about subs, and that's exactly what they wanted us to think.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
I did an impromptu study on sunday, just checking zones to see which ones were the busiest. The lower level zones tended to have more people in each instance than the higher ones (gamma orionis especially). So while the 1% number might be a bit of wishful thinking, the heavy HEAVY majority of the user-base hasn't hit Beta Ursae yet.
That might have been quite a few twinks and secondary characters there, since the max level guys that have nothing to do rolled twinks.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post
I think "played in the past month" is a reasonable qualification for active player though. Anyway, cut it some slack . Reminding me of the folks griping about how fast it is to get to level 90 in another game .
I just dislike being misled. If they can't say something straightforward they shouldn't say anything at all.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
It might have something to do with the fact that the RAs have nothing to do and a lot of them are probably leveling alts. I see a ton of RAs hanging out at the exchange at Sol.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakim View Post
Any openings there?

I'd like to get paid for playing STO.
Well, you need to have a good sense of irony to be accepted among our ranks.