Lt. Commander
So what kind of open world PVP do you want? not that hard of a question.

I will start out with my Idea for Open world PVP.

What I think we need is a Covert / Overt system for PVP. ( like what they have in SWG )

it would work out like this.

you would get two options, covert. AKA PVE only, so you will not get attack.

then Overt. where you are flagged for PVP, now if you come across someone who you are flagged to attack, you have the option to try and out run them, or head for them and fight. when you come in contact, you are sent to an instance where it is just you, and the other player.

you could use the files for the planet maps, or deep space encounters as the PVP maps, that way you would not have to make new maps.

this lets the gate camper be happy, and the PVEer not get ganked.

we could also have an option to call for help. ( like POtBS ) so you get attacked, send out a distress call, and you're friends mite join the fight.

any ideas on this, or ideas of you're own?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-23-2010, 08:35 PM
to add on to what I said.

if they attack a major planet/ say earth, vulcan or one of the klingon planets. there would be NPCS in that instance, and it would be sent out on a zone wide message about the attack. that way it adds more fun if you come around earth or the others, but would keep single gankers away from the planet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I want missions to go into Klingon space where upon entering I am flagged for PvP DSE. Of course there will need to me some kind of cooldown on entering these to prevent people from ganking you into another DSE encounter after exiting and it will have to mask it as a normal encounter so gank squads don't just wonder around looking for PvP DSEs. This should also count as credit towards your "defending X sector" quests and will encourage people to go after these encounters.

Then have certain "open" worlds on both sides that have PvP objectives. Capture X item and bring it to your base to give a buff to people on that world and have multiple missions that are pve on this world that you can engage in for special items at the risk of being engaged in pvp combat.

Yes, so baicaly I want something I can't have with this current game engine. FML.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparquis
I want missions to go into Klingon space where upon entering I am flagged for PvP DSE. Of course there will need to me some kind of cooldown on entering these to prevent people from ganking you into another DSE encounter after exiting and it will have to mask it as a normal encounter so gank squads don't just wonder around looking for PvP DSEs. This should also count as credit towards your "defending X sector" quests and will encourage people to go after these encounters.

Then have certain "open" worlds on both sides that have PvP objectives. Capture X item and bring it to your base to give a buff to people on that world and have multiple missions that are pve on this world that you can engage in for special items at the risk of being engaged in pvp combat.

Yes, so baicaly I want something I can't have with this current game engine. FML.
well maybe what then need is a world with multiple areas connected to each other for PVP, and have those areas connected to one super instance.

so like you go on the ground batter defending the map, and there is a connection of maybe 10 or more maps on the planet. so when you get to the end of one map it automatically transfers you to then next map. but since it is in a super instance you say in the same group of maps with you're team, so you could call for back up if you needed to.

it can be done, think positive.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
No open world PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
No open world PvP.
did you read my idea? it would let the PVEers get what they want, and the PVPers go at each other.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparquis

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=125792

awww cmon I said that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
No open world PvP.
Thats not the question lol
This is not "would you want open PVP" but rather "What open PVP would you want?"
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
sorry I took you're thread idea, and repacked as something that will stick out, just look at the death thread compared to all the other death threads. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-23-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Milenko
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=125792

awww cmon I said that lol

Thats not the question lol
This is not "would you want open PVP" but rather "What open PVP would you want?"
Huh, you did. I honestly didn't read your idea before posting this but it seems we have very similar idea/. I think open worlds for people to run around on and fight each other for prizes would go a long way into extending the life of this game. I guess it's jus designer common sense, I dunno.

PvP needs a lot of work in this game, but has potential. Part of what we need I think is more things to duck behind during ground combat. Otherwise it's just a game of who can focus fire the other teams people first. Kinda gimpy if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-23-2010, 08:59 PM
I already made my thoughts clear on what kind of open pvp system I'd love to see, I put alot of work into suggestions I make, link is in my signature