Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
would you mind if I ask why?

like why would you mind a system where you could chose if you want to pvp or not? is it not the best of both worlds? ( yes star trek reference for the win ) maybe have the option where they can only go in the areas boarding each empire. or even better hide the ships if you're not flagged for PVP. so they can't see you, and you can't see them.
Because I believe that the current system of instanced arenas is perfectly adequate (once their bugs are worked out), and I don't think that having the developers work on a new system for PvP is a useful diversion of resources at this time or any time in the foreseeable future.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
Because I believe that the current system of instanced arenas is perfectly adequate (once their bugs are worked out), and I don't think that having the developers work on a new system for PvP is a useful diversion of resources at this time or any time in the foreseeable future.
that is respectable, the question is ( and a dev would need to answer this ) how hard would it be to turn the DSE NPCS. ( who move around) and use that system for PVP? it seems just like a matter of flagging, and a random map being pulled up. I could be wrong.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrillig
Because I believe that the current system of instanced arenas is perfectly adequate (once their bugs are worked out), and I don't think that having the developers work on a new system for PvP is a useful diversion of resources at this time or any time in the foreseeable future.
These arenas is the problem, it's too easy to spawn camp and grief players. And the majority of PvPers hate them.

And it's not hard for Cryptic to create an open PvP system, there is already a Ground Open PvP zone, where you compete against Klingons to save People from the Borg. Heck, they are working hard on more Open PvP zones, because people want them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
These arenas is the problem, it's too easy to spawn camp and grief players. And the majority of PvPers hate them.

And it's not hard for Cryptic to create an open PvP system, there is already a Ground Open PvP zone, where you compete against Klingons to save People from the Borg. Heck, they are working hard on more Open PvP zones, because people want them.
so would you use something like the DSE? or how would you like to see the system work?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-23-2010, 10:47 PM
I like open-world PVP with the following two conditions. This is all you need for it for to be wildly 100% successful.

The "home" system is safe. A Klingon ship in Sol can't attack Fed ships unless they shoot first. Fed ships can fire with impunity but "flag" for PVP for x minutes if they do fire. Some for Kronos, if Feds go there.

Rest of the world: wide open. But people can opt out of world PVP at will indefinitely.


You guys have fun blowing each other up, I'll be carebaring by, watching the show, taking part only when I feel like it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-23-2010, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
I like open-world PVP with the following two conditions. This is all you need for it for to be wildly 100% successful.

The "home" system is safe. A Klingon ship in Sol can't attack Fed ships unless they shoot first. Fed ships can fire with impunity but "flag" for PVP for x minutes if they do fire. Some for Kronos, if Feds go there.

Rest of the world: wide open. But people can opt out of world PVP at will indefinitely.


You guys have fun blowing each other up, I'll be carebaring by, watching the show, taking part only when I feel like it.
So it seems like the flavor is to have DSE type of pvp battles with the option to not join in, so no one is forced to PVP? what about PVP zones?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
These arenas is the problem, it's too easy to spawn camp and grief players. And the majority of PvPers hate them.

And it's not hard for Cryptic to create an open PvP system, there is already a Ground Open PvP zone, where you compete against Klingons to save People from the Borg. Heck, they are working hard on more Open PvP zones, because people want them.
Didnt they flip the open PVP switch on at the end of OB? Its not like they CANT do it right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
As long as there is a way to prevent forced PvP I am all for it. Wide Open PvP would allow griefers to start showing their true colors. Also the balance needs much more adjustment before the open PvP system would work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I'll just copy and paste the PVP Suggestion I posted from my thread which not many would want to sit down and read all of that, lol.


This issue has been addressed, readdressed then addressed again, Their simply needs to be a decent pvp system in this game, one that has meaning and value, here is my idea that does require a complete redesign of a specific sector.

The neutral zone, Rather then a sector block much like everywhere else, have it as an opened system with interactable planets for missions, space docks. The basic idea is to have objects placed in this open system that attract players of perhaps a specific level (to avoid noobie ganking), which will more then often result in open pvp conflict.

Missions for both federation and Klingon. A zone that is completely controlled by the players is missing in this game, The neutral zone should be the prime area for such a design.

This way the entire area will be one huge 'system' like feature that we see in the game, just with an extended box and more room for expansion and players to hide, such as dust clouds, etc, A pvp system of this scale in this game, I personally would love to see, Neutral zone or not. Though I highly recommend that the Neutral zone be used for it. It's the perfect place and often players such as myself when I first started, will go straight to the neutral zone expecting a large system of unexpected randomised events.

Perhaps adding a new mark system to the game in this area, Which provide a mark of X per kill, you collect say, 10-15 marks of X to hand in for one mark of honor. To keep the area alive for pvp events
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I like the NZ idea. That would work best and feel very trek.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:36 AM.