1) When will there be more CharGen clothing options added for the Klingon faction? Especially Female characters? Any chance of the DDE TOS Skirt/boot options being enabled until more content is created/tested, at least?
2) The 45 day article mentions a T2 cruiser is being produced; Any chance of it showing up before the 45 day patch? Most of the people who asked for it won't be in a position to really use it very soon, given the fast levelling.
The current system of queues and the lack of a "pre-match groupup room" (like in Champions) causes a great number of 1v5 type matches to start. Are you aware of the problem? I would be glad to discuss the problem in detail.
Klingons still have vendor issues. The ship PvP shield vendor wants T3 medals for the T4 shield and sells consoles instead of T5 shields. The PvP kit vendor sells T5 Tactical kits for PvE medals instead of PvP medals. Can you guys pretty please just test all of our vendors and get them working properly?
There are many complaints about the way being Exposed also causes a 10 second hold in ground PvP. Thoughts or comments on this? Can we discuss the possibility of removing the integrated hold that comes with almost all exposes?
"Rifle melee spam" is pretty annoying in ground PvP. The 50% chance to hold and 10% chance to expose on a spammable attack seems excessive for a ranged weapon to have. Can we talk about this?
I would also like to start a discussion on ground PvP regarding the possibility of reducing the rate of healing but also reducing exploit damage so that it's less frequently a guaranteed kill.
Really, just read that thread I linked. I didn't make it but it's a good roundup of things Klingons find troubling. It's very detailed and extensive and I hope at least one developer will take the time to read through it.
Also, we get depressed when we spend so much time in these forums discussing problems in detail and so very rarely get any kind of dev comments about it. Just a simple, "Hey guys, thanks for the info, we're looking into it" would do wonders for morale around here.
We're prepping for another Ask Cryptic, and we'd like to feature Klingons again! We know that we've not released a great deal of information about what we have in store for our most honorable warriors, and we're going to change that!
Please post any question you have for us regarding the current state of the Empire, or the future of the Empire, which has gone unanswered in this thread. We won't get to them all, but we will answer as many as we can, and post them to website once we have them answered!
1) what is the target level of content for the KDF faction short (45 day update) and medium term? (3 months), compared in terms to current levels of the UFP content?
2) Is there intent to add more ships, specifically nausicaan/orion ships?
3) Are the devs aware of the issues players are having with how the instanced pvp is managed?
1) When will we be getting our Klingon PvE? And I don't mean grinding ships in the Kahless Expanse until our eyes bleed, I had more then enough grinding for levels back in SWG thank you very much!
2) What's the ETA on the T2 cruiser? Just a little hint for you guys - the sooner the better on this one
3) Will you ever make any meaningful PvP? By meaningful I mean sector control and/or anything else you can come up with that has an effect on the game beyond "neener neener neener we win we win you guys stink" kind of stuff.
Big open world maps?
New scenario maps?
Bigger scenario maps?
New game types? Objective oriented games, perhaps?
I really hope you aren't spending too much time on level 1-44 traditional PvE content for Klingons. Everyone in my guild who hasn't quit is already level 40+, and we aren't exactly powergamers. Any content you make that's exclusive to characters under level 40 isn't going to do much good. New PvP games and maps will help all levels, though.
- More uniform/character customization Klingon side
- More ships (preferably from the other races)
As for questions:
Q: I for one like the idea of the Klingons being PVP focused. You've previously said that you want to maintain that focus and playstyle for the faction. How do you plan on doing this? Specifically, will it just be a case of not adding enough pve content to advance without pvp, or is the new pve content going to be substantially different in tone and playstyle from what we have Fed side?
Q: The biggest drawback right now to Klingon faction play is a near total lack of immersion. This is in part related to the limited customization options, and in part due to the lack of a strong (or really any) overarching storyline for your Klingon character. The repetitive PVP queueing produces a character more like the protagonist of a shooter than a fully realized RPG. What plans do you have to give players a greater sense of immersion while playing Klingon faction?