Lt. Commander
# 381 join up
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
it would also be cool if we could join up with federation players or romulan players; like if we were Kurn helping Picard and the Enterprise against he Duras family and the Romulans; something of this nature. Maybe individual federation players could develop Klingon friends and the like.
Lt. Commander
# 382
03-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Already have a few klingon buddies that show me where those pesky little AFK birds of prey are hiding in on the PvP maps I would like to make a klingon character, but there is very little dpeth to them right now
Lt. Commander
# 383
07-16-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm just really frustrated at the lack of story for the Klingons. All the missions are PvP based. I played my Starfleet character pretty much through to the end, knowing (or so I thought) that when I got to the point where I needed a new, fresh thing, I could just switch sides, and there would be just as many awesome storylines, intergalactic plots and truly great storytelling within the missions that I could pursue from the Klingon side of the universe.

Instead, I get... lots of PvP. Not that I don't like PvP, but the very reason I've been able to stick with STO as an MMO is because of their fantastic storylines and the way those stories immerse you in the entire universe that is Star Trek.

I quit most MMO's I play because it gets repetitive. I want to feel like what I'm doing is part of someting bigger, not just the endless 'get this, get experience' 'kill that, get experience'. None of that interests me. So when I got into STO and found the great missions that really drew you in and made it worth doing all these things, because they were what you saw Starfleet captains on TV and on the Big Screen doing! That is the only reason I stick with Star Trek Online. So Cryptic, if you want to keep drawing people in, this is the way to do it!

I cannot believe you haven't developed the Klingon storylines yet! I mean, with all this mystery surrounding the Undine, and the fact that the Klingons have made it their quest to hunt them down, there is such great story potential there! I want to see missions where you investigate fellow Klingon captains who are acting strangely, I want to see missions where you run into Starfleet captains during your hunt for the Undine, and perhaps by saying the right things, you convince the other captain to aid you in your search! Or, purposefully say the wrong things and blow their Federation butts into vacuum! I want to see J'empok calling for vigilance against the Undine, and I want to see Klingon captains sent on missions to enlist aid from the Romulans, or the JemHadar in joining the fight against the Undine. There are so many stories to be told from the Klingon perspective. Why don't you do it?

Heck, ask me, I'll write up a couple missions for you!
Lt. Commander
# 384
07-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Personaly I dont care for any pve content for klingons but if that is what ppl want sure, The overall issue for me is that pvp lacks incentive I dont usualy need this to have fun pvping but lately Its i've been getting bored of even doing cracked planets over and over, OPEN pvp, A more hostile neutralzone maybe remove the ability to see other klingon/federation ships and if you bump into eachother you get to fight them 1v1.. Ker'rat witch is where i used to spend alot of time have become stupid its spawncamping boring pvp for the most part there the zone is huge but the place where the planet-borg-planet is is so small.

Overall I wish there was more pvp Instances, like cracked, more instances with someother objectives and then finnaly the "open" zone that I think should not be instanced.
Lt. Commander
# 385
07-16-2010, 05:56 AM
If fleshed out more could this idea hold merit and have a sector designed for it near the Klingons domain?

The thought was pvp linked missions.
Two different (unknown to each other) pvp players who are competing for the same planetary species to contact, subjigate, etc. Klink vs Fed or a house battle for the honor.

It could be done at random when two oppossed players try to enter a planetary system, when a player enters a system with an enemy player already in it (could be started by the ol' " Captain we are being attacked!! Beam back" or just controled by the server where it matches opponents together.

After the combat on ground or in space (could be a choice option) the winner gets the exploration, diplomancy, etc mission to run and acrues honor or prestige for thier faction.

PvP storyline missions - its an idea - may be possible
Lt. Commander
# 386
07-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon View Post
I'm just really frustrated at the lack of story for the Klingons. All the missions are PvP based. I played my Starfleet character pretty much through to the end, knowing (or so I thought) that when I got to the point where I needed a new, fresh thing, I could just switch sides, and there would be just as many awesome storylines, intergalactic plots and truly great storytelling within the missions that I could pursue from the Klingon side of the universe.

Instead, I get... lots of PvP. Not that I don't like PvP, but the very reason I've been able to stick with STO as an MMO is because of their fantastic storylines and the way those stories immerse you in the entire universe that is Star Trek.

I quit most MMO's I play because it gets repetitive. I want to feel like what I'm doing is part of someting bigger, not just the endless 'get this, get experience' 'kill that, get experience'. None of that interests me. So when I got into STO and found the great missions that really drew you in and made it worth doing all these things, because they were what you saw Starfleet captains on TV and on the Big Screen doing! That is the only reason I stick with Star Trek Online. So Cryptic, if you want to keep drawing people in, this is the way to do it!

I cannot believe you haven't developed the Klingon storylines yet! I mean, with all this mystery surrounding the Undine, and the fact that the Klingons have made it their quest to hunt them down, there is such great story potential there! I want to see missions where you investigate fellow Klingon captains who are acting strangely, I want to see missions where you run into Starfleet captains during your hunt for the Undine, and perhaps by saying the right things, you convince the other captain to aid you in your search! Or, purposefully say the wrong things and blow their Federation butts into vacuum! I want to see J'empok calling for vigilance against the Undine, and I want to see Klingon captains sent on missions to enlist aid from the Romulans, or the JemHadar in joining the fight against the Undine. There are so many stories to be told from the Klingon perspective. Why don't you do it?

Heck, ask me, I'll write up a couple missions for you!
Question; Why the hell do people keep necroing 3 month old, very dead threads?
Lt. Commander
# 387
07-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
Question; Why the hell do people keep necroing 3 month old, very dead threads?
Because I had something to say pertaining to the discussion in this thread.